cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages To be delivered in Adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

When messages get stuck in status "To be delivered" after for example a network problem affecting the FTP adapter, is there no way to get these running again without having to restart the engine? In the normal message monitoring in this situation, there are no messages in error, only "to be delivered". But I once found a link to a monitoring page where you could trace back to the message actually blocking the queue and where you could fail it manually. I can't seem to find this link again and I am not sure this would solve the problem anyway. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi!

Increase the number of MaxThreadCount to 350.

Also, check note 791655 - Documentation of the XI Messaging System Service Properties

and adjust the parameters according to your case.

"To be delivered" status could be because you have not sufficient threads and to process

the messages, you should restart the Java.

Regards,

Caio

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can look into the below two options

1. /people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

2. adapter level - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/03/31/did-you-know--delivery-attempts-customizable-per-communication-channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

> When messages get stuck in status "To be delivered" after for example a network problem affecting the FTP adapter, is there no way to get these running again without having to restart the engine?

First of all check if there are any messages into System error. If there are any, then try to resend or cancel them. Once all System Error message gone your message in status "To be delivered" will start the processing. If this doesn't help then you have to restart the J2EE engine.