cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Devlopement Client deletion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a 100 client on PRD. Where we have transported our all requests initially.

But, we have done a local copy and created new client 200. Now 200 client is our prd client.

Please let me know if I delete 100 client. What will happen? Specially ABAP program and Cross Client Customizing imported into Client 100.

Will get above in 200 client after deletion????

Regards

DK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a 100 client on PRD. Where we have transported our all requests initially.

If this is the client where the development was originally done it will keep the version management

But, we have done a local copy and created new client 200. Now 200 client is our prd client.

Any particular reason to create another client other than to have the same client number than in production?... I don't think this is a good reason.

Please let me know if I delete 100 client. What will happen? Specially ABAP program and Cross Client Customizing imported into Client 100.

You need to be very careful and double check that history and version management do not get lost... deleting the client without taking those into consideration could potentially leave your developers with a big headache.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to wrong master data upload on 100 client we have copied customizing in 200 client and uploaded master data afresh.

Now, we have to delete old 100 client.

Rgds

DK

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said before be very careful and make sure to keep your history and version management .

Read,

SAP Note 130906 - How can versions be transported?

That should help.

If I was you I would take a backup of you Development system before proceding any further.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Box-1

Developement Server Customizing -> 200

Sand Box -> 100

ABAP Dev -> 300

Box-2

Quality Server Quality/Test ->200

Box -3

Production Production Client ->100 (Now, Use Less due to Wrong data upload. Earliar All request imported here) Delete????????

Production Client ->200 Ok, Now we are working on this.

Regards'

DK

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok... I think I got mixed up in translation ( for some reason I thought we were talking about the DEV system)

Sure you can delete the client If everything you wanted is been moved to the new one. You can test the funtionallities imported via requests

I presume this system is not productive yet

Regards

Juan

Answers (0)