Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating the data in ESS Address Application

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ECC 6.0 Ehp3. Portal version is 7.0.

We are using the standard DC called essusaddr to maintain the employees communication information.

The DC details are as follows.

Component:

VCPerAddressUSDetail_13

View:

DetailView_13.

In the Contact Information, We have options to enter the phone numbers and i need to do the custom validation there.

When i open the above Component and View, I am unable to see the Review and any other buttons in the view.

I need to write the validation logic on Click of Review button. I am struck now as i am unable to see the buttons there in the view.

Could anybody please let me know where these buttons will be availabel and where i need to put the validation logic.

Thank you very much for your response.

-Urmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Urmila,

The standard ESS applicaitons are maintained using Floor Plan manager framework (FPM).

Login to your portal and add the role self service admin.

There you would be able to find the FPM applciation created for us~addr.That application contains the event details and the navigation information.

The dc ess~per contains VcPersInfoDetailNavi-->DetailNaviView.

Here contains the button review.But you cant write code for validation in this view.

Try to write code in onEvent() method of VcPerAddressUSDetail which is essusaddr dc.

Use this line if (event.equals(IFPM.EVENT_REVIEW)) to check for clicking the review button.

Revert in case of any doubts.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Idhaya.

This is very useful information. Let me put the validation there and check.

Regards,

Urmi

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try checking in other components of the Address applications. If the UI is resuable, then they would be present in a single component which could be used in other screens also.

It should be present in another component.

Regards,

Poojith MV