Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Repository pool 'ITC_POOL_100' does not exist or was re

ReenaWadhwa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are calling RFC's in our java code. Some times while execution of our application,some of the RFC throws the exception as below :-

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (106) JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE: Repository pool 'ITC_POOL_100' does not exist or was removed

Even this exception is noy consistent.Some time it comes for one RFC and next time for the other.Sometimes it does not come at all.

Can anybody let me know the reason as well as solution for this.

Thanks in advance!!

Reena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Since you said the error is inconsistent, that leads me to believe that the java stack

may not be so stable. I have seen times when the java server nodes are restarting

frequently, sometimes jco and rfc calls are interrupted because of the state of the

server nodes.

Verify your memory settings per note 723909. Also, in the work folder under the

central dialog instance, you can open the dev_jcontrol (or dev_jstart for 7.10 and up) and dev_server<n> files to see if the server nodes have been re-starting, as well as view the garbage collection activity in the dev_server and std_server log files. If you see long running garbage

collections, that could cause these intermittent issues as well.

If you paste the dev_jcontrol here, I can take a look and make some recommendations, based

on your os and hardware.

On the other hand, the error could mean that the code in your application or some other application may be deleting the JCO client pool that is needed by the JCo RFC Provider Service for a Repository query for meta data.

Please check your applications if they have code that would delete any JCo client

pools. The APIs for doing so are JCO.removeClientPool(String) or

JCO.PoolManager.removePool(String).

Regards,

Shimon Zafrir

SAP Active Global Support

Edited by: Shimon Zafrir on May 9, 2010 8:57 PM

ReenaWadhwa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shimon,

Thanks for the reply.Java stack seems to be stable in this case.We have checked that it has no issues and is running constantly without any issues .

While analysig we have found another issue where once we try to get the connection from connection pool using API JCO.getClient(poolName), it is returning null. Is it also because the pool from which we are trying to get the connection is not existing anymore. Do you any other reason of this error ? Can the connection pool size be the problem here.

I am looking at the application code to check the connection pool mechanism.Will post further queries about the same.

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reena

I think you have found the pulse of the problem.

Exception JCO_ERROR_RESOURCE Indicates that JCO has run out of resources such as connections in a connection pool.

Suggested actions in this scenario is to read the exception texts and check the JAVA application accordingly.

SAP Help link is very useful for analysing JCO and JRFC exceptions:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Tapan Goyal

SAP Active Global Support

ReenaWadhwa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the support. If this issue is related to connection pool size, Can anybody let us know the solution to that.What needs to be checked in the JAVA application Or is there any netweaver settings for this .Please pass the related documents if any.

Thanks in Advance!

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

The connection pool size can be set in the JCO Pool configuration setting.

From the start page of NWA, navigate to Web Dynpro, then to Content Administrator,

then select Maintain JCO Destinations.

Here you should be able to select the jco destination that you are using, and click on edit,

which will show you the JCO Pool configuration on the bottom right of the screen.

Hope this will solve the issue.

Regards,

Shimon