cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA transport request add to Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Our development team has created SPAU transport request in QA system and it has been released from QA. Team told me to copy the transport into new request and put STMS buffer to Development system.

Since dev and QA in same transport directory I have added into development STMS_IMPORT --> Add to buffer manullly then I can the transport request in development queue .

But they dont want this way , they asking me to create copy of the QA transport and add into development STMS buffer queue.As per I know i can create SE09 workbench request and add object .My QA,Dev systems are very critical , if i create manual request as copy of original request is objects will overwrite in QA? And after that how to add this request into development?

Iam not sure how it works, but it would be really great if you can answer this..

- Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello JIm,

Yes that correct. When you create "transport of copies" it will only create a request.

then you can add the objects from the other TRs into this transport of copies using option "Include objects". This is a normal process. Don't worry.

The advantage is transport of copies is not dependent on your stms paths like your standard transport.

Regards

Niraj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niran,

When I create the request using transport copy I can see only request number .But not task number.

Can not we copy task ?

- Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JIm,

Yes you can include subtask as well, only thing you need to give sub task number while including objects as mentioned above.

Confusion may arise as Transport of copies will not create sub task of its own.

But still you can include subtask from any transport request.

Hope it will help!!

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

The kind of transport you want from QA to DEV is possible using transport of copies.

The process told by Gagan is correct. Proceed ahead.

if u don't have common transport directory between these 2 systems then you will have to copy the data and cofile manually to the dev system respective directories and then you can add the transport manually to the dev stms queue and import.

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam not sure what is the perpose to create copy of released transport request and add development transport buffer.

When I copy the request in QA with original task/request it is collecting only under the request objects but not task objects.How can i collect task objects ?

Once i release the request from QA can i add in development ?

- Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

The procedure you are following is correct.

But still if you want to make transport of copies you can follow as :

Go to SE01-->- Request -> Create-> Choose Transport of Copies--> Enter description--> Click Include Object button (Ctrl+F11)
--> Choose Object list from request --> Enter Request Number which contains object(s) you want to copy.

Note: It will not overwrite any code as its just a copy of existing one.

Then release this request and same way you need to add into buffer as you already did.

But there is no use to create transport of copies as you can import original also .

Regards,