cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging of mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am very new to XI.Just recently i came across mapping diagrams ranging from simple to complex nature.

I got the idea that major idea of mapping is to transform the source xml structure to a target xml structure.

Definitely functions of mapping needs to be exploited and how the target source has to be converted using

commands such as removeContext() needs to be planned beforehand.Only one can think so if he knows xml

well.

The basic question which i want to ask through this query is that say example there is an idoc to file scenario

ie from retail dev server ,certain type of idoc is triggered to XI dev server.This XI server converts idoc to file

and put on ftp.

In this scenario how can i debug/test what source structured was picked by mapping and ultimately what happened

to the same structure in target as soon as source structure underwent transformation.

Plz explain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At runtime you can check in sxmb_moni the incoming payload as well as the payload after Request Message Mapping step.

You can use the same payload from sxmb_moni and test it in IR Message mapping step too. Where is the problem?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I switched on to SXI_MONI , on clicking what i get source mapping ?.

Target mapping must be offcourse payload.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, these are some basics

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/b715045ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

I would suggest to search for such things. SDN search will really help.

Regards,

Prateek

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SXMB_MONI, you find the message got processed if it the entry got checked flag that means its got successfully processed by PI , if it has RED flag means something wrong. Obviously ur msg will have red flag. If there is multiple entries u can find ur msg by checking the sender interface name...

once u find ur msg,, double click on the row. u will go a window. in left hand side panel u can option under XML message. Now expand tree of inbound message. u ill find Payload again expand the tree of payload. you will find xml file double click on the file. u can see the payload in right hand panel .. Now right click on the payload in right hand panel.. select view source- a notepad will open.. now copy the content of the notepad .. then go to message mapping --> go to test tab.. select "Source Text View" buttion.

Place the content of the notepad then execute the mapping. It will through error if anything wrong otherwise it will a msg like successful execution

-Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found source structure payload but in SXMB_MONI , i can find the target structure payload only in case icon is mentioned

for (branched message).I ficon is flag then i couldnot find the target structure payload.What is branched message and message with flag only ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji,

First thing i find no payloads been generated for target messages with correct flag(not red). However i can find the

payloads for >> ie branched messages.I have series of correct posted flags and branch flags.I find payload target xml

option only in branched ones.

Why so ?.

Regards,

Aditya Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I find payload target xml option only in branched ones.

>

>

> Why so ?.

Check your Interface determination. Are you using different inbound message interfaces?

Secondly check if you are putting any filter criteria in SXMB_MONI which is preventing to display your all messages.

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You have multiple receiver interfaces???? if so branched msg will come.. in SXMB_MONI you can find the target payload in "XML Validation Outbound Channel Request" expand the tree u can see receiver payload file under payload..

- Balaji