cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer - SLM not installed

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I thought I had Maintenance Optimizer going (I have created a couple of Maintenance transactions) but now when I create one, I get a message saying that there is no SLM installed.

I don't think I was every asked to install one, but do I really need it?

But now I can't seem to get to the second step. It just sits there and tells me the transaction is saved when I click the Continue button.

Is there away around this? Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong or how I can trace it down further?

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

You might want to start here:

> http://service.sap.com/mopz

If you look in the Media Library, you will find a lot of documentation that will help you implement Maintenance Optimizer (MOPZ)

Hope this information i shelpful.

Reagrds,

Paul

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul

I have it working, but I was just wondering why I'm getting the error. (Which is due to not installing the SLM)

Do I really need to install an SLM to have the other Maint Op functions work?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

You may extend Maintenance Optimizer by SLM Configuration. So no it is not necessary, but is recommended.

You can download support packages and enhancement packages automatically, and deploy them (single system update) to the managed system using the Software Lifecycle Manager (SLM), with the maintenance optimizer.

So the automation of downloads and the single system update that are the big advantages to configuring SLM.

I hope this has been helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (0)