cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Rule Set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Am pretty new to this (VIRSA/GRC) there is an internal audit going on at my client place and external auditors gave some highly conflicting rules/tcodes and my client is outof sync.

Now my manager is asking me to maintain all the rule sets as per the external audit set of rules.

Can any one of you help me how to maintain / upload rule sets into Virsa, and how to create a rule set.. am really new to this and got stuck here..

we are on CC 4.0

I have gone through document and what I understood is you need to maintain through Rule Architect.. but again am not sure and what all to be maintained.

Any help is highly appreciated. Please help me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To maintain a rule set in 4.0 you need to maintain the following:

-> Create Business Processes via Rule Architect -> Business Process. if you have to create new business processes as well.

-> Create Rule set via Rule Architect -> Rule Set. Give a name for the rule set.

-> Create New Functions by Rule Architect -> Functions -> Create. Here give the details of the function and then select the transaction codes that you wish to include in this function. Also, select the business process to which you wish to link this function to. For eg. you created 2 new functions Func1 and Func2 here for Tcodes SU01 and PFCG respectively.

-> Create Risk by Going to Rule Architect -> Risk -> Create. Give details of the risk and then at the bottom of the page select the fuunctions that will be part of this risk. For eg. The functions created in step 3, Func1 and Func2. Also, select the newly created rule set to which you wish to map this risk to.

-> Once you will hit SAVE for the risk, you would get a pop-up asking you if you wish to generate the rules for this risk at action or permission level. Select the radio button for action and permission level and generate the rules.

-> Once the rule for this risk will be generated you can view the rule by going to rule architect -> Rules -> Conflicting Action. Here you give the risk id of the newly created risk and hit search. The screen will show you the newly created rule.

Now you can use this rule created to run risk analysis. In a similar manner you have to create Function -> Risks -> Rules.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Varun