cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close a Webdynpro Browser which launches an Interactive adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My requirement is that I need to close a Webdynpro browser when a button is clicked. Thanks to so much helpful information on the forums, I have achieved this with the Close_window parameter and by using suitable Plugs.

I tried this on a Test Webdynpro and it worked perfectly.

My actual Webdynpro component, contains an Interactive Adobe form as an element and also an Exit button. Pls note that its a 3 page adobe form containing some mandatory fields. I have implemented the Exit button with exactly the same code as my Test WDN. I have added the outbound plug, close_window parameter etc as desired. However when I test this application and when I click on the Exit button, I get the wait symbol on the mouse and then nothing happens (I guess it hangs)

I was wondering if any of you have encountered this issue before. I am surprised as to why it dint work when the Test Webdynpro I tried worked successfully. Please advise.

Thanks for your help,

Liz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the type of your EXIT button Action ( In Actions Tab of your view ). Try making it as Validation independent, by default it is Standard.

May be it is because of mandatory fields.

Regards

manas dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

The Exit button was of the type - Standard. I changed this to validation independent as you had suggested and tested. However still the issue is not solved. Thanks for your suggestion. I am still looking for an answer.

Thanks, Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I found some light for this issue. However my problem is not entirely solved yet.

When I change the "displayType" property of the Adobe form (in the WDN View) to "ActiveX", my button works perfectly. Heres the catch though. When I test my WDN application with the above setting, I dont see the Adobe form anymore. I just get a cross in the right hand top portion. Please note that I have activated 'ActiveX' controls for my I.E. in Intenet options.

When I change the "displayType" property to "Native", the form gets displayed correctly, however the button doesnt work. I placed a breakpoint in the method which gets called when a user clicks on the button. However it never reaches this method.

I need to get both the above functionality working.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Liz

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should not use ActiveX type forms any longer as that interface is depreciated.

If you switch to Native for the displayType make sure that you are using any UI elements within the form from the Web Dynpro Native section of the UI toolbox. Also don't forget to add the header script to the form.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/a06781fb696bb9e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your input. Kindly note that there are no buttons inside the Adobe form. There is only one 'Submit and Close window' button on the WDN View which doesnt work as expected when I set the displayType to Native.

However as you have advised I will keep the displayType to 'native' and try to workout this issue in a different way.

One question here - what does be the Standard Layout of my form - I am thinking it should be ZCI layout. As of now, its 'Standard Layout'. Maybe I should convert this to ZCI layout and test.

Best Regards, Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I converted my layout to ZCI Layout and this did the trick for me.

Thanks, Liz