cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELETING RESULTS FROM INSPECTION LOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's

Hope everyone are doin good. My question is pretty straight forward.

Is it possible to delete inspection results entered into the inspection lot. If so how. I suggested of changing the status but the business wants the results to be wiped off from the screen for the inspection lot. (They dont want to see values on the screen)

If not is there a possiblity to delete it from the tables . OR is there any User exits available to built this functionality using a custom tcode.

Please give me the optimum solution.

Thanks in advance

Nithi A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's

Thanks a lot for your response. I am tottally aware of the UD stuff, changing results and long term characteristics.

Ok let me put my question this way so that its more clear.

How to permanently delete (REMOVE) results entered so that i dont see any values in the results recording screen considering UD is done and UD not done.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Nithi A

Former Member
0 Kudos

If UD not done ,then Unlock the char & delete the values & save

if UD is done :--> " Not possible ! "

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nithi A

Here is an alternative way to think about the issue.

This is on inspection lots that do not have UD executed.

In the Attribute column in results recording screen (QE51N), select "/ invalid" or "\Results not current (invalid)" from the drop down menu.

The reason we do this is so that the original raw data is always available if we need to produce it during an FDA audit.

We then did development on the UD user exit to issue a pop-up message to the supervisor doing the UD that one of the characterisitcs within the inspection lot has an invalid entry.

Don't know if your company is driven by FDA requirements but if it is, I would recommend this solution so as to comply with regulations.

Good luck

Michelle

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forget about clearing results after the UD. Won't happen and it shouldn't happen. The only way you could do that is to do direct table edits and delete the values in the tables. To do this also requires knowledge about what other fields need to be changed and reset. Otherwise the lot becomes unusable.

To do it before the UD I'm not sure what the issue is. The values can be deleted and the MIC ready for a new result. What else are we all missing that the clent wants?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note ,

1. Functionally , SAP there is nothing like deleting the Recorded result , Its always changing the earlier recorded result.

2. Technically , through tables you can go and delete the recorded result - but that will follow quite a few further steps like changing the status against the inspection lot. removing change data. But I hope You will not provide the Users with direct access to table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the results recorded

if

1.all char are long term indicator to them

2.lot is not forcefully closed. means having LTIN status.

otherwise not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change inspection result or you can delete only when if you keep summarised result in control indicator in MIC..

But if you have already taken UD then you can not change any thing in result record screen.

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not change results once UD is made. If UD is pending, select the char, click on unlock tab (thats an icon with open lock symbol) and change the result.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't say whether or not a UD has been made or not.

If the UD has been made, then results cannot be changed unless they are long-term charcteristics.

IF the UD has been made, simply go into resutls recording screen, select the characteristic, unlock it and make the change.

You cannot remove the characteristic itself from the lot.

FF