cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include custom fields in standar tab (WBS)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

We want create a custom fields in the WBS. I always see these new fileds are created in new tab, but the user wants modify a standard tab and include them there . Could this be a problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Sara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Thank you very much for your help. Do you know if there is a SAP note to explain the best way to add custom fields in PRPS ( I mean if it is better create a new tab or modify the standard way) ?

Thank you in advance!!

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

User defined field you can add using the "field key" in user diefend field tab. While SAP also allows to have customer tab where you add more fields with option such as having picklist for the field. All these fields evenutally are updated in PRPS table.However if you want to add these new fields in standard tab, then you are breaking the SAP standard code. During verison upgrade, you will need to take care of the same.

Regards,

Mahendra

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

You could add your customized screen in Customizing -> Project System->Structures->Operative Structures->

Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)->User interface Settings-> Layout of WBS Element Detail Screens-> Define Layout of WBS Element Detail Screens. Then you can add your customized fields in the screen, I think it is a better way than modify the standard SAP WBS-element screens.

Regards,

Rachel

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

There is only one screen you can use in case of enhancements. Only SAPLXCN1 0700 is passed to application to update the data. If you want to add the fields in the standard screen, then it may lead to update problem.

Regards,

Rachel