cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question : ESR content vs XI content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

Can anyone help me understand the difference between "ESR Content" and "XI content"?

As per my understanding, both XI content and ESR content includes mapping objects, service definitions, u2026, content to be imported into the Integration repository. It seems to me that u201CESR contentu201D applies to NW 7.1 usage type PI as opposed to u201CXI contentu201D, which applies to NW 7.0 usage type PIu2026???

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Nathalie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

Your understanding is correct.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

If you look in the services marketplace site the XI content is referred as ESR XI content, and the Term ESR is added in some of the places .

To my knowledge , i think this addition is to emphasis the services oriented approach capabilities that PI 7.1 has gifted.

There are XI content for SRM, ESR which have the ready to use service interfaces. once you import the content (.tpz)

the proxies get created by its own in backed ABAP system which we can use a service using soamanager.

regards,

srinivas

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

in my openion,

ESR content may refer to the contenct like SWCVs that can be imported in IR (7.0) or ESR (7.1)

XI Content can include IR Content, and also ID content like exported configuration_scenarios.tpz etc.

more related info: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70c83ba5-5c86-2b10-2fbf-9135c4fc248f

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all very much for your time and answers. This is really appreciated.

Regards,

Nathalie

0 Kudos

Hello Nathalie!

The ESR content is sure for the PI 7.1, which imports its content to the Integratio Builder.

The XI content is for the older version of XI, just like 7.0, just like you said, which also imports the content such as mapping, etc...

Regards,

Caio Cagnani