cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting Horrizontal scroll bar in tables after certain fixed columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to put Horrizontal scrollbar in table, making one or two columns fixed.

Like excel , I need to make 3 columns fixed and then need to add horrizontal scrollbar in table.

Please let me know if any one is having any idea on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Sonia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sonia - my example column name is OBJECT_ID (context node mapped to the ALV - attribute name)

DATA: l_table                                TYPE REF TO cl_salv_wd_config_table,
            lr_interfacecontroller          TYPE REF TO iwci_salv_wd_table,
            lr_column                            TYPE REF TO cl_salv_wd_column.
      l_table = lr_interfacecontroller->get_model( ).
      lr_column = l_table->if_salv_wd_column_settings~get_column( 'OBJECT_ID' ).
      lr_column->set_fixed_position( cl_wd_abstr_table_column=>e_fixed_position-left ).

hope this help!

Jason PV

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Allternatively you can set within the table columns whether the column is fixedPosition "notFixed", "left" or "right".

you should set "scrollableColumnCount = -2"

have a look at the doco!

[SAP NW 7.01 Help doco - Table|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/59/a98b411fb4b05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Scrolling became avaliable in NW 7.01 - it is greatly enhanced in NW7.02 - difference between server and client side scrolling.

NB in 7.01 you cannot combine fixed and percentage widths in your table - go either completely one way or the other -

The change to this scrolling behaviour is one of the things I am really looking forward to from a user experience in NW7.02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the view->Layout tab

Go to the Table Properties

use the table property

firstVisibleScrollableCol

-

This does not work, we should use at column level the property FixedPosition => fixed, left, right

Edited by: Murugesh Karunamurthy on Jun 2, 2010 2:37 PM