cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to webservice PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I wanted some insight on the following scenario ,it is a Purchase Order scenario where SA PI 7.1 will be receiveing data as IDOCS ORDERS and on the receiver side the PO has to be sent to a web service on the legacy side which accepts IDOC format

I am unsure of what all is required in the ESR and ID side

ESR :

a) So the source will be IDOCS from SAP ECC and that needs to be imported what will be the target side ... WSDL ?? how to obtain that ?

b) what about the Service Interfces ? how many required ?

c) how many mappings will be requried if there are two receiver systems (target side :legacy)

d) how many name spaces and SWCV are required for one source (SAP ECC) to two target systems (non sap)

ID

What Communication channels to be built

a) IDOC sender is not requried rite ?? or SOAP(receivers /senders )

b) and about receiver determination ??

Kindly help me with the steps for development

If you can send me some blogs about how to publish the webservice from PI 7.1 , it;d be great

thanks

Dev

Edited by: sd on May 7, 2010 10:15 AM

Edited by: sd on May 7, 2010 10:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I wanted some insight on the following scenario ,it is a Purchase Order scenario where SA PI 7.1 will be receiveing data as IDOCS ORDERS and on the receiver side the PO has to be sent to a web service on the legacy side which accepts IDOC format

>

> I am unsure of what all is required in the ESR and ID side

>

> ESR :

>

> a) So the source will be IDOCS from SAP ECC and that needs to be imported what will be the target side ... WSDL ?? how to obtain that ?

have you got any WSDL from clinet??

> b) what about the Service Interfces ? how many required ?

only one service interface required for receiver interface.

> c) how many mappings will be requried if there are two receiver systems (target side :legacy)

it depends on mapping logic,if mappoing logic different for two receiver then you have to build two individual mappings.

> d) how many name spaces and SWCV are required for one source (SAP ECC) to two target systems (non sap)

one name space enogh.you can develop all objects under that.

> ID

>

> What Communication channels to be built

> a) IDOC sender is not requried rite ?? or SOAP(receivers /senders )

only one SOAP communication channel reuired

> b) and about receiver determination ??

>

it depends on logic,if you want to check any condition ,then one enogh.

SEARH IN SDN,find one end to end scenario ,understand the all steps.after that atrt you development.

regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I dont have the WSDL as yet , i thought i was supposed to publish the web service and create the WSDL from the IDOC i receive fro mSAP PI ,,,correct me if i am wrong

There are two different receiver systems , both of which need to be sent the output to,

so what will be the ID steps , two business systems ? and what difference would be in receiver determinaton , does it actually mean two different interfaces alltogether or can I create it in one ?

yes there are two different mapping logics for both interfaces

thanks

Dev

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

yes if two receiver systems.. you should have two different business system. In receiver Determination u can have condition, so based upon the condition the message will goes to corresponding receiver business syste,

in your idoc if field system = 1 should goes to receiver 1 if system = 2 should goes receiver 2

so the condition will be in receiver determination

(/IDOC/RECORD/SYSTEM = 1) assing the receiver 1 business system

(/IDOC/RECORD/SYSTEM = 2) assign the receiver 2 business system

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on May 7, 2010 11:02 AM

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And you have create two receiver agreements.

-Balaji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Yes, You need a wsdl file as target

2. sender side IDOC will be your interface, target side wsdl file will be ur interface.

3. if u r not getting response from the Web service only one one message mapping and Operation mappint required , if u r getting response and you want to route the response to requested system you will need two message mapping one for request and one for response.. Only one operation mapping is enough.

4. only one namespace is enough.

5. Here IDOC is sender side so no channel required, a receiver channel with soap adapter required.

6. Generally one is enough but its depends upon ur flow logic it may differ.

Regards,

Balaji