cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to upload and read attachments in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a requirement which is to upload and read attachments in DMS.

May I know the Function Modules to be used in uploading an attachment and also the FM to read attachments?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 but to get this working you need to use the export parameters PF_FTP_DEST with value SAPFTPA and PF_HTTP_DEST with Value SAPHTTPA.

Make sure they are created at SM59. Also the Network drive needs to be created on AL11 as a SAP app server. You cannot specify a local drive for backround upload.

Phillip

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

for creating document info records and uploading your orignal files I would recommend you to use weither BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 or the APIs mentioned in SAP note 504692.

Further maybe EasyDMS could be an application which is useful for this upload requirement. Because EasyDMS is a kind of "DMS light" and embedded in the Microsoft Explorer in Windows. EasyDMS allows you to logon to the SAP system via RFC connection and create and modify documents in the SAP system from the explorer.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I alreday tried the BAPI you mentioned. But the problem is that Kpro doesn´t provide the needed business object by default. I´m looking for an easy way to attach a 'business document' (like GOS) to an process order in background mode. I´m able to add 'attachements' but I don´t want the documents to be stored in SOFFCONT1 therefore I defined a new content repository. But how can I attach 'business documents' in background? I could not find any documentation about that.

P.S.: I opened a Thread this morning dealing with the problem mentioned above:

greetz Matthew

Edited by: matthew c. on May 6, 2010 4:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DMS offers an API:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/3c/4d26696ab411d3aece0000e82deb58/content.htm

I want to do a similar thing like you. Sadly i couldn´t find further documentation on how to use the API.

If you found a solution let us know.

greetz Matthew