cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting alerts in SOLMAN Alert Inbox by time of the alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have not found any method in Solman for sorting alerts in Alert Inbox on basis of their time. Please help me out by your suggestion

Thanks,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

There is no such date column for the alerts in solman_workcenter--> alert inbox

Regards,

Pankaj

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

In Workcenters sorting Alerts is done a bit differently than in DSWP > Solution Monitoring > System Monitoring.

When you are in System Monitoring Work Center > Alert Inbox - Then on the top right hand corner is the Settings link.

>Click settings and select the sort tab.

>Here you can select the columns to sort the Alerts on.

>You can choose Server, Instance, Full Name, Current Status and System. Additionally you can specify the sort direction ( >Ascending/Descending ).

>You can specify more than one field.

>Once done click apply, to apply the sort, and/or clcik save to save the sort criteria.

Actually this is a much more powerful sort feature here in Workcenter than in DSWP > Solution Monitoring > System Monitoring where you clicked the header of the column and pushed either the sort ascending or sort descending bush buttons.

I do hope this help solve your problem in solman_workcenter.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Mostly all alerts (e.g backup failure, system availability , job failures, active thread counts etc) have been configured for Real time monitoring of about 50 systems

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

Have you tried clicking on the Header (Date) to have them sorted by date/time? I know in most transactions, such as DSWP you will be able to sort by date/time by clicking on the header.

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

What kind of Alerts are these exactly?

Thanks,

Mark