Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Configuration files

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can you give me solutions for this

1. How to upload all files from SLD,IR and ID. And how to deploy all files in the new system?

Means I done one scenario in one XI system like
File->IDoc. I want to deploy this scenario in another
XI system with using one java appliation. Is it
possible? If yes then how?

2. XI is platform independent?

Thx®ards,

Khaja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja

You can upload software component version by right click export. In the same way you can upload configuration objects too.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

chk out this link abt platform independence

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xi20sr1/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/content.htm

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI can understand only xml messages. With adapters it can communicate different systems. So it is platform independent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the software component version and then export it to your local system as tpz file. Then copy the tpz file on the imports directory of the server where new XI is running. Then go to tools and select import design objects the tpz files will be displayed. select the required tpz file and thats it all the objects will be imported. The same case with configuration objects also. The thing is you have to fill in some entries again because some parameters in configuration will be reset when you import. The other way of exporting objects from one system to other system is we can use change management system (CMS).Anyway the first one is the easy way.

Regards,

Sudheer.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

You can transfer the Objects from one system to other system using the Export menu. If you have CMS server installed it is more easy to move objects within systems. If not you can export as file and import into the system where you needed.

Rgds,

Raj