cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operations in Task list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dudes,

I want to create task list (IA05) in SAP but I have a limit in entering operation descriptions. because the length of this field is just 40 words but the as maintenance members of the company said, they have much more tasks than 40 characters.

is this 40 characters fixed or it can be changed.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is fixed and can't be changed.

It might be a typo or a language barrier thing but you said "they have much more tasks than 40 characters" as if they are doing more than one task per operation.

Typically an operation should relfect a single discret amount of work. Hence the description should also be short.

For instance, the following example:

Disassemble dryer, scrap sides of drum and inspect for fatigue, clean and dry, reassemble

Should be broken up into maybe 9 or 10 operations. Not one.

It's not an exact science but trying to use one operation to cover a multi-step process is not recommended.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dudes,

thanks for your replication.

so they have o break the operation into smaller pieces.

thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. if you want the visibility of the various steps.

In my example, you could have one operation called "Service Rotary Dryer".

That would be it. But if you wanted to make sure that key steps are performed, and that there is responsibility assigned to each of the steps, than yes, you'd want to break out the process into multiple steps.

Again, it is an art and there is no hard and fast rule. The level of granularity depends on the company, client, users, and business needs.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give the complete desciption in the long text for operation.

Thanks

SUMIT