cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Req/Response Messages under Message tab of External Def

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a webservice to webservice synchronous scenario and when I import WSDL files into external definitions I donu2019t see req/response messages listed though the WSDL is imported successfully and hence unable to choose target structure while mapping messages in Message Mapping.

Also I checked this link for another scenario - /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

They have similar WSDL files just like our's and when they import *VI_document.xml they see req and response messages in message tab which I am not seeing.

Am I going wrong somewhere??? Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

they see req and response messages in message tab which I am not seeing.

So they are also using SAP PI? If yes and if it works for them, then there should be problem with your import procedure. Make sure that you have selected wsdl option while importing.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have selected wsdl from the drop down.. something which I am doubtful about is how WSDL file is structured, I dint find any xxRequest keyword, I only see xxResponse tags throughout the WSDL.

How do I validate WSDL file? just in case that is an issue?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to validate your WSDL use XML SPY OR STYLUS Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can validate the wsdl file using tols like Altova XML Spy.

Regards,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Altova XML spy also check for availability for Request/Response parameters?

any specific guide on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be more precise.. as I said I dont see any relavant tags for Request in my WSDL, should I conclude that it is not the correct wsdl which in turn means webservice is incorrect. or can I investigate on anything else before concluding this?

Edited by: Srinivas Kumar on May 6, 2010 2:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have imported the wsdl file from other source into your PI then its tough for you to validate,its true.

It at all it does not show the request and response message properly in the respective tab then might be its not a proper synchronous web service definition (wsdl).

Or if the service definition is created in PI itself,check out for the inclusion of request and response message thoroughly.

You can also cross check the wsdl itself in text mode for the requst and response message types properly incorporated or not.

Else you can conclude for a cancellation.

cheers,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it mandatory to see the Req/Response messages in message tab after importing the WSDL???

Can't I just proceed and in Message mapping just import XML file generated by webservice...

the reason being.. now I have access to webservice of the other system, so when I went to http://<host>:<port>/WSNAVIGATOR and tested the webserive it worked fine for me and gave me the correct response in the same webservice which is expected behavior of a synchronous webservice. however I dont see Request tag even there, it is with a custom name do_XYZ_Import.. something like.. will that make any difference?

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was a useFeature tag in WSDL because of which it was throwing an error, after which I can see messages being populated on PI 7.1 but not on XI 3.0. I created the same structure in DT and MT and using that as a reference as mentioned in the blog - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1 hope it helps others

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when they import *VI_document.xml

What type of file is it? Ideally it should be xx.wsdl file.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies.. that was a typo.. yes it is .wsdl

Edited by: Srinivas Kumar on May 6, 2010 1:43 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Created External definitions for 3 WSDL files. - Successful

2) Created Data Types (Req and Response or Outbound and Inbound) - Successful

3) Created Message Types and encapsulated corresponding DTs (Outbound and Inbound) - Successful

When you use WSDL, you don't have to create DT and MT. Directly create message interface and use the message from WSDL.

4) This is a Synchronous interface, was not sure if I had to create 2 Message interfaces or just one, created both to test - Successful

Create only 1 message interface.

Regards,

Prateek