cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Implementation project plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can somebody help in getting a typical XI implementation project plan, to understand the complexity and risks involved in the implementation

Regards

Anjul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know there is now such thing as an implementation plan, but there are several steps that you should always carry out when introducing XI.

First of all, know why you wanna use it. See how many interfaces are there in the landscape, what kind of information is exchanged between the different systems, how frequently are messages sent from one system to another, how big are these... If you would like to know details about the size of the hardware involved, you should have a look at service.sap.com/quicksizer, which will give you a first idea about the size of the machine you should run on.

Bear in mind how many system you would like to have, prd,dev,qas etc and how to carry out transports between them.

Don't forget that you should have a backup strategy, an archiving strategy, disaster-recovery strategy and proper authorization concept in mind.

But if you are looking for a special document I cannot help your further.

Regards,

Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..Did you manage to find one? I am also looking for an Implementation project plan..It will be great if you forward something that can be helpfull...

Thank you,

Sai