cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using KPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i´ve been reading a lot of stuff concerning document management inside SAP the last 2 weeks. Now I want to try storing some documents but I have several problems. But first I´ll give you a short overview what I want to do:

I want to store business documents within a Business Object. These docs should be accessible through GOS in e.g. orders etc.

- Therefore I defined a content repository (sap table)

- linked the business object with the repository

- added a document type in Kpro (set 'storing with Kpro')

So far, am I on the right track? If yes, how can I upload documents to Kpro and link them to any type of business object in background? I found documentation concerning the Kpro API, but this is just a list of functions, not a documentation in general -.-

Hope somebody understands this, I´m new to DMS.

Thanks for any kind of help

Matthew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Welcome!!! You are proceeding in the right direction(need to configure additional fields/tabs over and above the one you have mentioned though). Propose you work on exercises to get complete understanding of various other features,process flows & functionalities. You may refer to the below link for details:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/04/92718846f311d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Specifically,coming back to your questions,In document type,(T-Code DC10),select/check the attribute 'kPro'. This will ensure that all documents that you check in will be stored in kPro storage area.Also, for object linking, select the document type(created above) and click on 'Define Object Links'. Herein,you will be prompted to select business objects from a list.Once done, the link b/w documents and std business objects get established-refer below link for details:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/16/ce71403017587ee10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4f/3e3d3873130057e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

P.S. Storage location is dependant on the volume of documents,usage pattern etc. Based on this, your options are:

1. 'DMS Storage' option(may store in SAP DB,Vault,RFC Archive), you can store upto 2 originals/documents and 99 additional files.

2. 'kPro Storage' option(may store in SAP DB,HTTP Content Server), you can store 'n' originals/documents and 'n' additional files.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 6, 2010 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar,

thanks for your reply. The 'Kpro' flag was already set by default. I tried to establish the linkage as you described but the business object I want to use (BUS0001 process orders) is not given in the list?

Earlier I started attaching 'attachements' via GOS in background mode, which works good. But we want to use the Business Documents because through Business Documents it is possible to route the documents to a specific repository. I would need to upload documents to Kpro in background mode as well. Do you have any suggestions?

greetz Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go toSPRO-> Document Mgmt -> control Data -> maintain key fields here

you have to tell abt the BUS0001 and key fields here and in the

--> Maintain Screen for Object Link

give the screen number you are creating.

You have to write the logic to store the object link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murugesh,

thanks for your help. Why is there a dynpro needed? I want to attach documents in background mode using a z-program.

greetz Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started testing with ALINK_DOCUMENTS_CREATE_DIALOG but then recognized that background processing is not possible? If I run ALINK_DOCUMENTS_CREATE_DIALOG in background mode it tells me in the log that it was not possible to 'start the RFC-Server'. Any suggestions? (It´s working in foreground mode, so its a problem with background mode).

greetz Matthew

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew,

Could you please give a detail of the cutomizing you have done for KPRO and generic object services. I also have the same requirement but unable to do the same.

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the request without using Kpro. Kpro ist just a more comfortable way in managing documents. But using ArchiveLink and GOS is all you need if you just want to upload documents and view them in a linked transaction. I would be able to give you a better help if you would give a short introdcution in what you plan to do in detail.

kind regards Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mattew,

Using k-pro means you are using external or separate content server for storing. Don't select it if you are storing in SAP database.

I hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

thanks for your reply but in the Kpro documentation (https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/Kpro) the database storage is also offered!? Although, there´s a huge chapter concerning content server. I thought the final storage is abstractred by the content repository, so Kpro should not care about the final storage?

greetz Matthew