cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am new to SAP PI /Netweaver . While observing properties of communication channel ,i found that in

module tab ,there is a section 'Processing sequence'.Here there is a mention of module 'CallSapAdapter'

of type Local Enterprise Bean.I have read about Local/Remote interfaces and EJB in java.

What i want to understand here is that why a localbean name as 'CallSapAdapter' is defined here.

How one come to know from beginning that this bean wil be used. ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How one come to know from beginning that this bean wil be used?

You need not know this. Any adapter provides the modules as default values when you create a channel.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/5af7c0c994e24fb0d0088443513de2/frameset.htm

read thru the link to understand the modules and process flow.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This module helps in message exchange between IE and AE and should be the last (and mandatory) module in the list....remove it and then check....you will get an error in SXMB_MONI (while sending message from XI/ PI)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aslo in one of communication channel properties of type FTP as reciever ,i find that there is a variable subsitution as

'store' with reference payload:MT_PROMO,1,Root,1,Store_number,1 in enabled form.

Couldnot determine the purpose of this ?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is used to name the Target File with a name available as a payload in the target message....in your case it will from the element Store_Number ....just go to the target folder and see the name of the file....it will have the value from Store_number.

For more information search SDN with keywords "variable substitution"

Regards,

Abhishek.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Couldnot determine the purpose of this ?

In Online help you find everething you need to know.