cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details about Inspection Type 07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

The description of Inspection Type 07 says its for Audit. Please give step by step approach to use this Inspection Type for Audit. Also please tell how to view the audit results and how to use them for decision making.

Also let me know what kind of audits can be carried out using it(eg. vendor audit, production area audit etc)

Regards,

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 07 is a manual inspection lot. You create it when you need to. Some places use it like an 89 as simply another manual inspection type. But it is supposed to be used for doing vendor audits. You design your inspection plan with characteristics that reflect the questions you would ask your vendor during a site visit or in a questionarie that you might send them.

Each characterisitc can have it's own weighting and the weighting and valuations in turn are used to calculate the Q-score for the inspection lot.

The audit score from the 07 can then be used in the calculation of the vendor score in the vendor evaluation functionality provided in purchasing.

That's the general overview.

You could also use them to perform other audits as well but those scores wouldn't be used anywhere. You could of course report the scores in reports or average the up in the LIS reports such as in transaction QGA1. But SAP does have the Audit management functionality lists that can be used for audits as well. That may better suit your internal audit requirements.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

This is great information. Thanks a lot. You said But SAP does have the Audit management functionality lists that can be used for audits as well. That may better suit your internal audit requirements

Can you please give details about these Audit Management Functionalities too.

Regards,

Manish.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll find audit management under Cross-Application Components-->Audit management.

I haven't personally used this outside of training and playing around. You can create questions (think of them like characteristics in QM), which can then be used in multiple questions lists, (like inspection plans in QM).

You then create an audit plan with tasks, (think qualtiy notification with tasks). Question lists can be assigned to different tasks and tasks can be assigned to specific people.

I don't know exactly what you are looking for and since my knowledge is somewhat limited in this area I'm not sure what else I can tell you. Explore it and see what you can find!!!!

FF

Answers (0)