Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability monitoring

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have planned to configure availability monitoring for the satellite systems and monitor them in solman 7.0 EHP1.

I realise that there are various methods to implement availability monitoring like CCMSPING, GRMG.

Please tell me which one is good for my case, i have to monitor these systems: CRM, BI, PI, ECC.

Also how do i configure mail alert after configuring the availabilty monitoring?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read these doc

/docs/DOC-8121#section2 [original link is broken]

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/10e3347a-0901-0010-a4ab-8e3848f90a15 [original link is broken]

GRMG is suitable both for technical monitoring and for application monitoring

Reagrds,

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Thanks.

I already had an overview on those docs.

I want to know which one to choose, because i have already installed sapccm4x for the satellite systems to monitor attributes like ABAP dump frequency, tablespace management.

I have chosen CCMSPING for availability monitoring, i want your opinion on this.

Also i want to know is there a way to get a mail, whenever the system goes down.

Thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nanda,

You can go ahead with CCMS ping for availability monitoring only.

For mail alerts you can use MTE Availability_CCMSPING_Error and assign this to autoractions.

As you are already using other MTE's i hope you can easily configure autoreaction for Availability_CCMSPING_Error.

Additionallly you can use other availability MTE's as well.

Regards,

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you information, I need more knowledge on this.

I am using Solaris SPARC 64.

I have sapccm4x installed already and getting email alert with auto reaction method.

I have downloaded CCMSPING file from marketplace.

Do i need to place in exe directory?

I know we need to do ccmsping -push in both Solution manager and satellite systems, is that right?

help me if you have more descriptive document for ccmsping, that would be very much helpful

Thanks,

Sathya

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the document here:

[http://pastebin.com/0vNiQz0H]

Answers (0)