SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting invoice lock when creating contract object

l_molenaar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

For specific contract objects we don't want to create an invoice if a document is posted on there. In the contract object you have a field called invoice locking.

When i set this manually it is working fine, so now i want this to be set automaticly. The problem here is that i don't know how this can be done.

I've tried the sample document:

IMG: Financial Accounting -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Contract Object -> Number Ranges and Contract Object Types -> Define Sample for Contract Object Types

Here you cannot set the invoice locking

And I've tried the badi in student accounting:

IMG: Student Lifecycle Management -> Master Data in Student Lifecycle Management -> Student Contract Accounts (Student Accounts) -> Technical Settings for Automatic Creation and Update -> BAdI: Student Account Data

Here i didn't find the invoice locking field

Next to this it seems te me that you cannot set the invoice type or tax codes in the contract account and / or contract object without using the badi. Is this assumption correct?

Can someone please help how to set this automaticly?

Thanks a lot,

Lukas Molenaar

Edited by: L. Molenaar on May 6, 2010 1:02 PM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luka,

Have you make setup of the following customizing point:

IMG: Student Lifecycle Management -> Master Data in Student Lifecycle Management -> Student Contract Accounts (Student Accounts) -> Technical Settings for Automatic Creation and Update ->Set Up Customer-Specific Triggers for Automatic Account Data Update

???

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

From what I understand is that in the IMG setting you provided you can trigger the badi above for example:

If the invoice type is dependant on the communication language then you add the FM HRIQ_EVENT_ST_ACCT_UPD_BACKGR for an insert / update / delete for the 1702 on the st.

Then you can add in the badi if the communication language is EN then invoicetype = Z1 if <> EN then Z2.

Please correct me if i'm wrong

The problem i'm having is not so much with the triggering but more with the setting of the invoice lock. I would suspect that you can add the invoice lock from the badi, but i don't know how to do that.

I hope you can help me further.

Kind regards,

Lukas Molenaar

0 Kudos

Dear Molenar,

Please see if you can block that contract account for invoicing.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello,

I can block it manualy in the PIQSTM / CAA2 / PSOBWORK but i want to do it automaticly when the contract account is created.

Thanks a lot!

Lukas Molenaar

l_molenaar
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP delivered a SAP note to make this possible

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The mentioned SAP note by Lukas: 1498487 - Not able to set the invoice lock when creating object.

Best regards,

Rob