cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First artical inspection:MAP in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I asked FAI earlier for someinformation i got good response, i got some idea also. now I have to implement this new process called first artical inspection to my client, presently this FAI handling in stand alone system.

Presently FAI is recommended unders following conditions

- At the start of a new contract or a new production run

- When a Class 1 Modification / change is applied to the article

- When the supplier of the part / assembly changes

- When customer requirement ask for it

- When a PO requests it

following checks need to be carriedout during first artical inspection

Engineering drawings or design specifications Test specifications/Material specifications/Process specifications/Applicable industry standards/ Drawing, bill of material features and functional requirements are to be verified.

Please can you suggest me how can i go this and how to map all these in sap. this is new senario i need to handle this.

it will be much helpful if some of you will clearly explain detail steps to go ahead in SAP , so that i can crate this in testsytem.

regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tnx

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of first article inspection with respect to combincation of material and vendor, it can be mapped via Supplier Relationship Model.

the supplier relationship model is mapped via Status profile assigned in Q-Info Record (QI01)

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx, please im handling QM module first time , please can you guide me how can i achive this step by step

I know its difficult to mention in detail but would be much helpful and thankful to you

regards

Krishna

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Use transaction Bs02 for creation Status Profile and assign the object type as Q-Info Record. The possible status can be:

1. Supplier Relationship Initiated

2. First Article Inspection

3. Regular Supply.

and Assign the same status profile in T.Code Qi01, (Quality Info Record)

thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for your suggestion, Sujit can you comment and add some more information on this first artical inspection as you earlier responded to me on this.

as mentioned in my senario please add your suggestion

regards

krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

recently we have a thread