Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete codes for rejection reasons in customizing

kerem_karabiber2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had some rejection codes, that we used for our sales orders.

Now we want to delete all these codes in customizing step, because we won't use them anymore.

Will it cause any trouble for my SD documents, that the deleted rejection codes have already been used for?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will lose the ability to see the descriptions of the rejection codes in document display.

A better approach would be to amend the description, and add something like "* DO NOT USE*" in the description.

kerem_karabiber2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Not being able to see the descriptions of the old rejection codes is not a problem, because I'll see them all as 'Don't use', if I change their descriptions as you mentioned.

I want to be sure that they wont't cause any errors in processing of the old SD documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you still have active documents with the deleted rejection reasons then you will almost certainly have problems trying to process them further.

1. If the document has been rejected you probably will not need to process it further anyway.

2. If you do encounter a problem, I expect you would be able to select a different rejection code.

If you are worried, you should test in a sandpit client.

Deleting reason codes which have been used is really not good practice, hence my suggestion that you change the descriptions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree with James. Also as a double check , you can run a report on existing orders and check for your rejection codes which are used. If you feel that the paritular codes are not used in any orders, and if you want to delete them, then fine and you can delete them. Alse there might be some user exits or routine which might check for particular codes and apply desired functionality. Please check those areas too.

In any case it is advisable to follow James recommendation.

Thanks & Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option might be to run the report like Sai said to find all orders with that rejection code, and change them to a code you will be keeping, or a replacement you create that you will use going forward. After this code that you wish to delete has been removed from all open orders, it might be safer to delete it.

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best approach would be....

if you have test system or sandbox, pl test this solution by yourself and check outcome.

Thanks,

Vrajesh