cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&Fs Infotype 8: change payscale level - value in BETRG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All HCM Gurus!!

We are facing a problem in the development of a form to support the change of an employees salary (Infotype 😎

The system is setup to use PayscaleGroup( TRFGR ) / Payscale Level ( TRFST ).

We have modified the example process from SAP ( HR_PA_XX_CHANGE_SALARY_2 )

Instead of using two forms, we only use on form, and the purpose of the process is to support the following scenario:

1. Manager sets new PayscaleLevel / new Payscalegroup+Payscale Level),

2. HR Administrator verifies the change and saves the infotype.

The process and the workflows is already working, but we are having problems when it comes to the default values of BETRG field.

From infotype 8 i have added the 4 line type fields: BETRG, WEARS,INDBW,LGART from the Line type screenstructure called: HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0008_LIN_A

This is also done in the standard process from sap ( HR_PA_XX_CHANGE_SALARY_2 ), but the Version from sap is defaulted to use the the value the day before (OLD) as default value.

This however is not what we want to do!.

We on the other hand, wants the manager to able to see what the default amount (BETRG) is for the given combi of Payscale Group / Payscale Level. Eg: Group 1 - Level 4 will give the employee 10000 euro pr. month. This way the manager can see how much money the new Payscale level will give his employee.

So, is it possible to have the BETRG field updated after the user has selected a new Level? (TRFST).

In PA30 - when you select a new level, the old one is still there until you delete the entry and press enter - then the new value will show up in the BETRG field..

Help is highly appreciated!

Best regards

Ronni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be a generic service. You can choose to execute it via user event as the user makes changes.

Again, it is pretty complicated. I had a form where I pretty much reproduced everything from PA30 that can be done for Basic Pay, and it took quite a while to dig out how SAP does it in that transaction and what exactly is needed on the form to replicate this.

Oh....and I replied to your post trying to help.....I in no way consider myself near a HCM guru. haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris! Once again, thanks for your reply!

I guess i will try to talk to a skilled HCM Abap programmer to make the salary form work similar to pa30.

One last question: What is the procedure for making a custom event work with the generic service?

as i understand it, i have to do the following:

Create a userevent an call it from the form (eg. user_get_wage)

then create a FIeldgroup, and add the BESRG field to this group.

Make the event a "check" event.

Create a generic service with the besrg field, and then implement the badi for this.

Then when the check function is executed it will trigger the badi to be called through the generic service?

Once again, thanks for you help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's all very possible. I have done this now at least 2-3 times on othe projects. You will be finding the values based on the position. The logic for looking up all of that is a bit hairy. This is NOT an easy bit of logic. There are dependencies between the values that you will have to keep up with. It will dpend on how your company does this but for the POSITION, I then looked up feature TARIF to get needed values. This gives you PS Type and Area. From this, you follow the SAME logic SAP uses to then find the PS Group and Level values from table HRP1005. From there it gets really fun because you need to "control" the user selecting between these and keeping their dependencies in place. I did this by having a user event trigger automaticaly if the user changes any one of the PS area/type/group/level. From this you can get to BETRG.

Again, this is quite complex and took a while to not only figure out but to develp. The example from SAP, although nice, was pretty much useless. As SAP says, it is for example purposes only and should never be used in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the enlightment , always nice to know that it can be done!

I guess i will need to get som help from a skilled HR programmer to make the logic.

But regardring the HCM P& F Part - how is this done? I am not shure about how i make the framework execute the "custom coding" needed for me to find the value for amount field!

is this done using the generic service based on a custom badi - or how should i proceed?

br

Ronni