Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC Adapter in a synchronous szenario

ingo_hauchwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to set up following szenario:

A JDBC Sender Adapter is polling data from a database, this data is beeing mapped to a synchronous RFC-Call to the R/3 backend. The result from the RFC-Call contains an order-number, which should be stored in the database.

The query of the DB and the rfc-call works fine. The query is also doing the UPDATE statement to the DB, marking this line of data as beeing processed.

The QOS in the sender-jdbc-adapter is set to "Best Effort", which should allow a synchronous communication.

I am mapping the response of the rfc-call to a jdbc-receiver-like structure, in the monitoring i can see the rfc-result and also the message to update the databae. There are no errors in the adapter-monitoring and everything looks fine, except that the database is not beeing updated.

Is there another messageformat for the synchronous answer to a sender-jdbc-adapter? Or is it possible, that the commit for the answer is not beeing sent?

We have an XI3.0 with SP16 installed.

Thanks for your help.

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

We can do JDBC to RFC to JDBC Scnario. In this BPM is required.

ingo_hauchwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

thanks for the answer, i think i'm going to have a look in the BPM Tutorial.

Regards

Ingo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you create the RECEIVER JDBC adapter fromat as suggested in this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

ingo_hauchwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

yes, its exactly this format i can see in the logs, but it seems the jdbc-sender-adapter will not take this to perform an update to the DB. (Operating synchronous, which should allow to deal with a response)

Regards

Ingo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you cannot use the Sender JDBC adapter to Upate.

Create a receibver JDBC adapter with the format as mentioned and use it to update the DB.

the steps in BPM wil be ,

1. Receive -- for Sender JDBC adapter

2- Send Synchronous -- RFC call synchrnous

3 - Send -- using Receievr JDBC adapter to Insert / Update the DB.

Do let me know if u need further info,

regards,

Bhavesh

ingo_hauchwitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

its working now! Thats some more steps to do in the integration directory and repository, but at least it works as wanted.

Regards,

Ingo