Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in delivering msg to receiver mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a file-XI-mail scenario.

The input file is getting picked up, but while generating the mail it gives the following error:

2006-06-23 14:38:21 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Failed to call the endpoint

2006-06-23 14:38:21 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: Failed to call the endpoint.

In adapter monitoring the adapter shows green and the msg displayed is as follows: running.

What is the problem?

In the mail adapter the URL that i have entered is:

smtp://KOLMAIL01/ITC

Is there problem in this?

Pls guide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

neetu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some problem with the URL you have given. That should be the URl where your mail server is running. For example if it is running on the system L1AREW ...Then the URl should be smtp://L1AREW. Can u please tell what is \ITC in the url you have given?

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetu,

>><i>2006-06-23 14:38:21 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Failed to call the endpoint

2006-06-23 14:38:21 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: Failed to call the endpoint.</i>

There seems to be a problem in connecting to the mail server. Just check if the mail server is up and running. Check if the connection details that you have given in the mail adapter to connect to the mail server are correct.

Regards,

Sushumna

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>smtp://KOLMAIL01/ITC

is this address the same as the one you specify

in your mail application (outlook etc)?

also try this link:

http://hostname:portnumber/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

to see if your mail adapter gets executed at all

if not maybe you have problem with your configuration

in directory (did you do it with the directory wizard?)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>