cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Determination issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how can I get the shipping instructions entered in the sales order item text to automatically populate in delivery header using text determination?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shanu Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don;t think you can add SO/LI text to Delivery Header text. Because you can have multiple SO/LI's in one delivery document. Then if those multiple LI's have different text, then delivery header can't display all. (There is no logic in that case)

Below are possible.

Sales Order header text can be copied to delivery header text

Sales Order header text can be copied to delivery LI text

Sales Order LI text can be copied to delivery LI text

All those can be done by giving Requirement Routine 1 or 55 in the delivery document text access sequence. (Based on the scenario)

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The user wants the int and ext shipping conditions maintained at Sales order item level to be copied to Delivery header so that it populates in one of their delivery related customized report. So, wanted to know how can the sales order item text be linked to delivery header text?

Thank you,

Regards,

Shanu Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may not be feasible. Suppose the delivery has more than one line items, so do you expect to over write the header texts or append the delivery header texts for Shipping conditions.

Instead you can recommend to read the texts from line item level in the custom report. As already suggested you can use access sequences to copy the item text from preceeding documnet item to succeeding documnet item. Please use requirement 50.

Hope this helps

Regards Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copying SO/LI text to delivery Header text is not possible in SAP. It's simply because in one delivery document, you can have multiple sales order line items with different texts. In that case system wouldn't know which LI text should be taken as the header text. Hope you understand the logic behind why it's not facilitated in SAP.

But if your sure of below point, you can try a user exit to do same.

- One delivery can have one sales order Line item only. (User is not clubbing sales order line items together for a one delivery)

In that case you can code a user exit to copy that LI text as the delivery document header text.

Best regards,

Anupa

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

As you said the Delivered related Report is "Customized", then your ABAPer can easily pick the Line Item Texts in Sales Order / Delivery & populate the same in Customized report.

So let the Sales Order line item text get copied in Delivery LIne Items & let the Customized Report do the needful...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

What is the Business case for copying Sales Order LIne Item Text to Header in Delivery Document. I guess if the text gets copied in Delivery LIne Item most Business purposes get served...

Hope this helps.. .

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can add SO/LI text to Delivery Header text. Because you can have multiple SO/LI's in one delivery document. Then if those multiple LI's have different text, then delivery header can't display all. (There is no logic in that case)

Below are possible.

Sales Order header text can be copied to delivery header text

Sales Order header text can be copied to delivery LI text

Sales Order LI text can be copied to delivery LI text

All those can be done by giving Requirement Routine 1 or 55 in the delivery document text access sequence. (Based on the scenario)

Best regards,

Anupa