cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query regarding print parameters. We make use of the function module 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS' to pass certain details like output device, layout, etc and import the print parameters. In this module, I would like to pass the windows printer name also so that I dont have to select the printer and it as default in Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes, in order to run the report into that printer only.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Tom Jerry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thread closed.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

This is not possible as the the list of Frontend printer names is retrieved by a GUI control at runtime when you use __DEFAULT in the Host Printer field for the output device. definition.

You can disable the selction of the Wi ndows printer by the following setting:

SAPD -> Output Devices -> <Output Device Name> > tab Access Method -> Flag 'No Device Selection at Frontend'

If you check this flag, there is no selction of frontend printers and it always uses the default windows printer on the user's PC.

Another possibility if you want a certain printer to be always used is to create a Frontend output device that has the specific printer specified in the Host Printer field in the output device instead of __DEFAULT.

So if you create an output device and put the actual windows printer name into the field 'Host printer', then this printer will be used.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan Black,

Thanks for your inputs.

What should be specified in "Host Printer" field in SPAD tcode for the windows printer "Generic / Text Only".

Regards,

Tom.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the form interface of the smartform you have a structure SSFCTRLOP.

Use this to pass the print parametres .You can declare a work area of the same type and in field Device give the name of the printer.This needs to be done in the print program before passing to the smartform.

Revert in case of any queries.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

please dont confuse between output device and windows printer. Another thing is I am NOT using smartforms also. Just a simple report which is submitted along with print parameters from another classical report.

Regards,

Tom Jerry.