cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster Server node port Details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created server node with server1. How do i find the port number for server1. my server0 port number is 50000 and there is no change in IP address for server1.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naveen kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore

There will be only one port for each instance and its internal to the dispatcher of that instance

from the above statement there should be a port number for a instance and that is diff instance to instance, how do we find the port number for a particular instance

reason why i am asking i want to access my application with particular instance means direct access to instance thr iv-headers

i hope you understand my question

Thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi,

The port of the instance is given by the formula "50000 + 100 * instance_number". So, for example, if you have in your /usr/sap/<SID> directory the instance JC40 the port will be 54000. If you have an instance JC02 the port will be 50200.

You can find more information in the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a2/f9d7fed2adc340ab462ae159d19509/frameset.htm

I hope this is useful.

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi naveen,

there is nothing called special port for a each server node in an instance. There will be only one port for each instance and its internal to the dispatcher of that instance to which server node the user is redirected to.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Kishore Soma