cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate approvers not getting requests in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have a stage in CUP where I have an approver and an alternate approver. However The request is not getting forwarded to the alternate approver. We need to have a scenario where atleast 2 people can approve the request. I tried adding more people in the apporver list and than choose the option in approval type which says any one approver. In that case it still waits for both the approvals to come in before provisioning happens. Is there anything else I need to activate for the alternate approver to work or to get the any approver option to work.

Thanks,

CP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CP,

Alternate approver comes only in the picture when you have set up escalation.

Also, when you added two people as primary and configured to allow 'any one approver' did not work properly as this is a bug and it is fixed in SP11 Patch 1. So, if you are below SP11 Patch1 upgrade to SP11 Patch 2 and CUP will only require approval from one of the approvers.

Look at the fixes in SP11 in OSS # 1168508

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

In the relevant stage, in the notification configuration tab have you checked box next to "other approvers" and also provided the Email IDs of all the approvers.

Thanks

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

For CAD/ Role Owner Stage the Concept of alternative approver comes into play. If you need a scenario in which two people should approve the request than define mutiple approver's in CAD or if you are using role Onwner satge define mutiple role owner to that role. Request only goes to primary approver for approval initailly. If you setting Approval type as all than all aprover's have to approve the request. Alternative approver comes into paly when request gets escallated. and you have stage level setting as escallation to alternative approver. In this case only alternative approver can approve the request.

Kind Regards,

Srinivasan