cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Server Proxy Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on ABAP (server)Proxy scenario. My servers are SAP PI 7.1 EHP1 and SAP ECC 6.0 running on HP-UX. I have gone through the Configuration steps for Proxy scenarios document. In that I found I need to create LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI RFC connections in ECC system and maintain the Program ID which is maintained in the J2ee Engine of ECC server.

But my issue is - ECC system is running on only ABAP Engine.

1. Can I configure Proxies with ECC systems which are running on only ABAP engines?

2. I have ignored LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI steps and completed other configurations. I am able to see SWCV and Message Interfaces created in PI in ECC (SPROXY Transaction). Does this mean that I can ignore these 2 RFCs and go ahead with Proxy configurations?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>I have ignored LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI steps and completed other configurations. I am able to see SWCV and Message Interfaces created in PI in ECC (SPROXY Transaction). Does this mean that I can ignore these 2 RFCs and go ahead with Proxy configurations?

Why we need SM59 destinations SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC (on ECC) :

LCRSAPRFC reads the exchange profile,

SAPSLDAPI is used by the ABAP API. Maintain the destinations as type T destinations to the registered server program with the program ID SAPSLDAPI. The program ID corresponds to the SLD data bridge.

When using the destinations, the back-end system uses the parameters maintained in transaction SLDAPICUST.

thanks

BJagdishwar

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge, the programID for LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI is maintained at Java stack of PI server. For details, please refer to the article http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50d69314-1be0-2b10-11ab-8045021f0... .

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> As per my knowledge, the programID for LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI is maintained at Java stack of PI server.

These entries are for connecting SLD which runs in PI server often, but need not.

The entries are obligaroty for working with PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the Forum. Thank you.