cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS RFC Connections Being Changed in Receiver Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using TDMS to refresh a test client, what settings should be change to not have the RFC and partner profiles changed in the receiver system? When using TDMS to refresh a test client, it is copying over the RFC connections and partner profiles. As a result, the test client has RFC connections and partner profiles pointing to external production apps. A minimum of an hour of work is needed to adjust the connections and there a potential of test data being sent to a production system before changes are made.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Chris, I doubt that this is correct. TDMS will not touch the RFCs and user master at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I spoke with my system integrator who had initially informed me of the issue. After further review, we believe TDMS may only have changed the ports and partner profiles but not the RFC connections. We have ports and partner profiles referring to RFC connections that do not exist. I did some research and was recommended I exclude the tables listed below from copy/delete. In an attempt to test, I have removed them from the copy/reduction and from the deletion. I am now receiving errors defining the conversion objects. "DDIC activation failed for one of the structures listed below" on conversion objects Z_T399X_00A, Z_X_AUFK_00A and Z_X_AUFPL_00A. From the troubleshooting options, I have attempted the Automatic Repair and Force Redefinition without success.

I am going to apply SAP OSS Notes 1362351 and 1363551 to resolve the issue.

Partner Profile/Port tables excluded from Copy/Reduction and Deletion:

EDILOGADR

EDIPHONE

EDIPOA

EDIPOACODPAG

EDIPOD

EDIPORT

EDIPOX

EDP12

EDP13

EDP21

EDPP1

EDPPV

TBD00

TBD002

TBD05

TBD06

EDADM

EDE5T

EDE6T

EDPST

EDPVW

Edited by: Chris McCabe on May 11, 2010 12:40 AM

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure about this? I would say RFC connections are cross-client and not touched by TDMS.