cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLN functionality enhancements, per GS1 recommendations & SAP customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

After attending the GS1 conference in Chicago two weeks ago and presenting the existing GLN functionality to GS1 staff and several U.S. Healthcare customers, the following requirements were identified and submitted via a Business Case:

Although we provide basic GLN functionality in standard ERP and IS-H, meeting customer requirements for the GLN Sunrise will require immediate enhancements in standard ERP (and IS-H?) and development in SRM. In the future, improved GLN integration among ERP, SRM, and AII will be required.

Required Enhancements u2013 by October 2010 (to allow sufficient time to implement, test, and correct)

1. GLN Table (transaction EANGLN): support additional business objects for GLNs

- Storage Location (V_T001L-LGORT, with referenced address in table ADDR1_DATA), for Ship-to Locations u2013 the same as

IS-H prototype function, which recognized the need for this level u2013 at a lower-level plant hierarchy. Storage location GLNs

need to override the plant GLN as the Ship-to location.

- Deliver-to-Locations (overrides Plant and supplements Ship-to Locations) -- optional, but desirable; will be required in near-

future; this would be 4th N1 segment on the 850 IDoc

- Warehouse (V_T3001-LGNUM)-- linked to plant/Storage Location u2013 overrides plant

- Multiple Vendor GLNs u2013 two Vendor GLNs (Order-from and Pay-to) are required, per GS1 standards, with Return-to as a

recommended third GLN.

o This means that the current single Vendor GLN (maintained in the Vendor Master as three concatenated fields) is not

sufficient.

- Customer: Manufacturers, distributors, GPOs, 3PLs, and other supply-side customers require support of multiple Customer

locations for Customer u2013 Buyer, Ship-to, Deliver-to, and Bill-to u2013 since the PO will contain all four GLNs

o Same for Sales Orders, Order Acknowledgements, ASNs, invoices, and other supplier-outbound documents.

o This means that the current single Customer GLN (maintained in the Customer Master as three concatenated fields) is not

sufficient

2. SRM and Supplier Self-Service (both ERP and SRM) support for GLNs, including SRM ability to replicate GLNs from ERP

(EANGLN and/or VENDORGLN and/or CUSTGLN) into similar SRM tables that are accessed by SRM procurement, receipt,

supplier self-service, invoicing, and sourcing functions

3. The program populates IDocs only; we need to add the GLN on numerous transactions

- ERP

o Create, Change Display PO (ME21N, ME22N, ME23N)

o Goods Receipt (MIGO and MB1A)

o Maintain Service Entry Sheet (ML81N)

o Print/Transmit Service Entry Sheet (ML83)

o PO Confirmation/Acknowledgement

o Monitor Order Acknowledgements (ME92F)

o Create, Change, Display Inbound Delivery (VL31N, 32N, 33N)

o Create, Change, Display Outbound Delivery with ref to Sales Order (VL01N, VL02N, VL03N)

o Create , Change, Display, Cancel Invoice (MIRO, MIR4, MR8M)

o Evaluated Receipt Settlement -- ERS (MRRL)

o Consignment and Pipeline Settlement (MRKO)

o Address Maintenance (MEAN)

o Export Service Data (ML86)

o Import Service Data (ML87)

3. SRM

o Process Purchase Order (BBP_POC)

o Enter Purchase Order Response (BBPPCO02)

o Process Purchase Order Response (BBPPCO01)

o Confirm Goods/Services (BBPCF02)

o Confirm Goods/Services Centrally (BBP_CF03)

o Edit Invoice/Credit Memo(BBPIV02)

o Edit Invoice/Credit Memo Centrally (BBPIV03)

o Edit Internal Addresses (BBPADDRINTC)

o Edit Addresses (BBPADDRINVT) u2013 for business partners

o Edit Addresses (BBPADDREXT)

o Manage Business Partners (BBPMAININT)

4. SRM-generated 850 IDoc

5. Printouts and reports (PO Print and FAX, plus others to be identified in Functional Specification)

6. Sales Order: Multiple Customer GLNs (for ship-tos and deliver-tos -- from PO)

7. Terminology u2013 both GS1 and several customers do not like the terms EAN, UCC, and ILN, and urge us to use GS1-standard

terms "GLN" and "GTIN." Perhaps the use of GuiXT will suffice.

For 2011, additional enhancements will be required

Edited by: Jonathan Arck on May 5, 2010 11:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johnathan,

I know this is an old post, but I wonder what happened to your proposal to increase the support for GLN's to other business entities.  I see you mentioned support for Storage location and we would be very interested in this. In my ECC 6, ehP 7 system I see only the Purch Org, Sales Org, Shipping point,

We are aggressively pursuing a strategy of adopting GS1 standards and have already made good use of the GTIN/GRAI already, so we want to extend to GLNs by standard - rather than custom.

Regards,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does SAP currently have a GLN solution? I noticed that there is a field in the Customer Master for GLN, but none for Plant, Storage Location, etc. We are currently on ECC 6.0 / 15 and I am wondering if we need to upgrade to a later release. However, I don't see what EHP this may be included in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Paul

We have had GLN functionality in SAP since 2006, and it became core in ECC 6.0 EhP2.

GLNs in SAP are obtained from three sources: Vendor Master, Customer Master, and GLN Table (transaction EANGLN). In the GLN Table, GLNs can be maintained for plants, purchasing organizations, sales organizations, and shipping points.

Once you have maintained GLNs in these areas and configure EDI IDocs for the suppliers, the following GLNs appear on the following IDocs:

Purchase Order/Change PO (850 -- ORDERS)

Header

Sold-to Party/Buyer u2013 Purchasing Organization

Vendor u2013 OA Partner function (VN if OA not maintained)

Ship-to Party u2013 Customer Plant (if all linesu2019 Ship-to 😃

Line

Ship-to Party u2013 Customer Plant (if lines' Ship-to vary)

Sales Order /Order Acknowledgement (855 -- ORDRSP) u2013 header

Sold-to Party -- Customer SP partner function

Bill-to/Invoice Recipient u2013 Customer Plant

Payer u2013 Customer

Ship-to Party u2013 Customer Plant

Advance Shipment Notification.ASN (856 u2013 DESADV) u2013 header

Ship-from Party u2013 Vendor Shipping Point

Ship-to Party u2013 Customer Plant

Seller/Sales Org

Invoice (810 -- INVOIC) u2013 header

Invoicing Party u2013 Vendor

Bill-to Party/Invoice Recipient u2013 Customer Plant

Payer u2013 Customer

Company u2013 Customer

Sold-by/Sales Org u2013 Vendor

I conducted an ASUG Healthare SIG webcast on GS1 functionaity in SAP (GLNs, GTINs, and Track-and-Trace) in June, and the presentation is posted in the ASUG Healthcare SIG website at http://jive.asug.com/docs/DOC-25705 (you must log onto ASUG before accessing this link).

Since then, we have collected enhancement requests from customers in all related industries, and are in the process of writing how-to guides ("cookbooks") so that you can build enhanced GLN functionality according to your individual needs:

o Expanding the business objects supported in the GLN Table

- Additional business objects include: Assets, Cost Centers, GL Accounts,Internal Orders, MRP Areas, Purchasing Groups,

Sales Channels, Sales Divisions, Storage Locations, Projects, Warehouse, and WBS Elements

o Creating vendor and cusomer search helps by GLN

o Enhancing IDocs with the additional business objects and a GLN determination process that is more robust than currrent functionality). .

Documentation on current SAP GS1 functionality can be found at http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/62/e0391eaa73b64f9ac8991ecf20b3b3/frameset.htm

Edited by: Jonathan Arck on Oct 22, 2010 12:07 AM

Edited by: Jonathan Arck on Oct 22, 2010 12:14 AM

Edited by: Jonathan Arck on Oct 22, 2010 12:15 AM