cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording cv03n?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to LSMW and DMS. I was looking at cv01n transaction, to create documents, and trying to see if that can be recorded using LSMW. Has anyone tried this before and is it possible seeing as it is not a simple data input operation like FI01 and we would have to specify location of file as well?

Thanks,

Dhaval

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

Yes it's possible from LSMW. Kindly upload all your attributes with attachments and record.This will be stored in default storage or the content server defined by you.

Also it;s easy from BDC recording.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

To elaborate what I am trying to ask further, theoretically I know it is possible from LSMW to record this transaction and I have tried it as well. But has anyone actually used it functionally to see if there are any attributes or records which are not as straight forward as saying recording FI01 transaction i.e. simple things and which might cause problem. To give an example, in cv01n we will have to specificy the desination of our file by browsing where it is stored. Now if I want to record this information and do this for 1000 documents through LSMW recording do I just specify the path or is this going to be an issue? This is just an example that I can think of - are there any other such attributes from your\other people's experience?

Also what is the difference between BDC and LSMW recording and which one in your experience is the best one to use?

Cheers,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

I got your requirement. The best practice will be BDC recording. For this you need to make a excel sheet of all attributes including object link. and you will be upload all the data and attachments at a time.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was googling it and found this thread:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/Document%20Management%20Systems

At the bottom it states that "When a large number of documents have to be uploaded, or when documents are to be transported from a legacy system to the SAP server, it is difficult for the user to manually do this using CV01N. This could be done by using BDC's, but the recording would be a little difficult for such a complex transaction. Hence SAP has provided a set of BAPI'S to avoid such a schenario.

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2

BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2

BAPI_DOCUMENT_DELETE. "

So am going to have a look at that now. I am still interested in hearing if anyone has done mass transactions using cv01n and if they used this or other methods and what problems they faced..

Answers (0)