SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS Interface Posting without POSDM !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is planning to implement standard POS interface in IS Retail. I have worked several times with POSDM in order to post the Sales, Financial and Inventory Data into SAP, but all used standard POSDM. The client does not have POSDM license and just wants to post the sales and financial data.

Can this be done with standard POS Interface by posting WPUBON01, WPUFIB01 Idocs straight in IS-R?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, You may use following inbound idocs

WPUUMS (Aggregated sales)

WPUWBW (Goods movements)

WPUFIB (Financial transactions, which include Payment on Account)

WPUTAB (Payment methods such as cash, credit card, etc.).

Best Regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you got solution to your problem.If so let me know i you did it.What did you used to receive data from non-sap system to SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use the POS interface without POS DM very well. POS DM is an auditing tool which control accuracy of data and reduce errors in ECC postings eventually. ALl you need to do is the following:

1- Download the flat files from POS

2 - COnvert the flat files using PI or any converter and populate the idoc segments in ECC

This takes bit of time in mapping POS data to the idoc structure. Make sure you have backup of the files for reprocessing just in case. You can either use sales per receipt (WPUBON) or aggregated sales at EOD (wp_plu, wpuums) and Financial txn idoc (wpufib).

Hope this helps

Suhail Shaik

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I hope you have the XI (PI) set up, the POS system may send the files in any format (txt, xml, etc) these need to be mapped in the IDocs you want to post in SAP. This would require mapping between POS and SAP, XI already uses SAP IDocs so mapping is not required there but the XI consultant needs to set it up.

You can use it both for Outbound as well as Inbound. The one you have asked WPUBON01, WPUFIB01 can be posted straight in IS-R.

Regards

Kaizad