cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error creating a loopup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am getting an error "ERROR CREATING LOOKUP" ........... INTERNAL ERROR.

can you pls suggest me what went wrong.

scnrio: I have two lookup tables(1taxanomy and 1hierarchy) and 1 main table in EXCEL. I have first uploaded the lookup table data. When I am trying to upload the main table data after doing the mapping , when I hit the import button....... i am getting this error "ERROR CREATING LOOKUP" ........... INTERNAL ERROR.

also

at some places at value mapping level I am also getting a popup saying that "the source values have been mapped to multiple destination values"

I am a bit new to MDM, so pls need ur suggessions

regards,

veena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

I think you must have chosen "Automap" function for the value mapping.

Problem in your case is your one source value is mapped with multiple destination values. To correct this select the source and destination fields in the Source and Destination Fields in the Field Mapping pane of Match Fields/Values tab of Import Manager.

Now in the Value Mapping and Conversion Pane click on "Status" in the Source Values. It will sort field values. here you will find source values which are mapped to multiple destination values. if it is just one green sign in the status column, it means one source value is mapped to single destination value. If it is multiple green signs overlapping each other then it means one source value is mapped to multiple destination values and value mapping needs correction.

Please check and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for the quick reply.

yes I can see that the source values are mapped twice when i hit auto map, now my question is

1. what happens if it is mapped twice, is this going to create problems ???

(I understand that this situation araised because my in my value mapping a value in my hierarchy structure is also getting mapped along with the individual values)

2. How to avoid this situation.???

pls let me know.

Thanks.

veena

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes, it will create problem if any source value is mapped to multiple values. I think, suppose you are getting Value as "16 GB Laptops" in your HIerarchy. now suppose if this source value is mapped to multiple destinations like "laptops", "4 GB laptop", "8 GB Laptops", then it will confuse import Manager which lookup value to associate with the record. this is the reason why you are getting Error creating lookup message.

2. There are different Ways to handle this:

1--> Manually Map values instead of Automapping.

2.--> if you want to use automap functionality, then in import Manager, go to options manu and set properties for Automap Values correctly.

3--> Use remote Key feature, which will automatically map source values to the correct destination values.

Please refer to data manager and import manager reference guides for more details about remote key and automap Configuration options in Import manager.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

was an error in my repository design ................. thanks for all your replies.