cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a billing document with no accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to create a billing document with no accounting document. After this billing document is created, the status on all preceeding documents- SO,Delivery and Billing -should be status closed.

It should perform somewhat like the Proforma invoice. We cannot use a proforma invoice setting for SD document category or Trasaction group for reporting purposes.

So we configured a billing type and removed the account determination procedure. Now we are able to create a billing document, there is no accounting document, the preceeding documents are status closed. However the billing document itself has an account determination error and is status B-Posting Document not created (account Determination error).

Is there a way I can get rid of this error message and have a status of Cor D(C-Posting document has been created, D-billing document is not relevant for accounting)

Thanks for all help in advance.

-Pratibha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend you go to OBA7 --> Create a new FI Doc Type (i.e. XY) --> In the Accounts types Allowed, remove "Customer" check box (here you can control whethere you want posting to be permitted for Vendor, Customer, Assets, Material or G/L Account to suit your requirement) --> Save it.

Now, go to VOFA --> Go to your given Billing Type --> In the "Document Type" field, replace the value with "XY" created earlier --> Save it.

Perform your transaction again up to Billing. No Accounting doc would be created where the posting has been disabled in your FI Doc Type earlier (depending on your requirement).

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi,

I think it can be done this way -

1) Remove account determination procedure from billing document type (this you have already done)

2) In transaction group in billing type maintain value "8". This is for Pro Forma Invoices.

3) Keep SD document catrgory as "M" for billing.

This will remove account determination error.

Check if this works.

Regards

Sonalika M

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the document category as U instead of M in VOFA but I am not sure, this will address your requirement. Test it and update the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using item category TANN?

That would give you a zero charge to the customer, so you would most likely end up with a zero value posting to the customer account and revenue account.

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of removing accout determination procedure.

Recommended VOFA and flagged POSTING BLOCK (not have FI doc) better.

Let me know if u need further assistant.