cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog entry in Backend systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please clarify my assumption. If we just have CCM-punchouts only then defining the catalog entry in the backend(Define Backend system) is not required, but if internal catalogs are used then a Catalog entry is required in the backend system configuration. Please validate my assumption.

Thanks

VPaulose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Masa is correct.

since we mentioned all parameters in define web services and CAT parameters in orgnaisation structure.

may require if it is Internal catalogs.

let us wait for others reply too.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Muthu, It works just fine wihout BE system entries for punchout. Just happened to wonder if entries were required when I ran into issue while copying an exisiting punchout catalog SC. I get an internal error 500.

Regards

Rao

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your test result after you maintain the define backend system for catalog? Do you get internal error 500?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without backend system entry, I get the error. Currently there is not entry maintained in config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"500 Punchout Internal XML Exception" is the exact error I get when I create SC from existing carts that has a punchout item. And as said I currently do not have backend system 'Catalog' entry defined in the config. Any directions..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

Check in Define Web Services, if you have CATALOG entered as Technical System. Also check if you have Validate function turned on. If you have Validate turned on, SRM will make a call to the punchout catalog to get the latest price. It also required your vendor to implement that function. There could be problem there.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SG,

I looked in the config, I dont have 'Catalog' as Technical name. I do have following settings on.

1. Display Product Data Again in Catalog

2. Validate Product Data from SAP Enterprise Buyer

3. Find Supply Sources

In the Technical settings;

1. Use Error Log

2. Use HTTP GET top call Web Service.

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

Ok. Validate Function may be the problem here.

First, check if the Vendor supports Validate function. This you can find out by tracing HTTP data sent to and from your browser to vendor.

Second, you can test unchecking the Validate checkbox. This should allow you to add the items from template to cart and open up the PRICE field for editing. This is not advisable if the vendor implements Validate function as you will not have the latest price.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SG,

I removed the Validate setting and it did work. It added to SC with warning 'price may not be current....' Now I am not sure if Vendor supports Validate function. How do I trace http from browser to vendor. please advise.

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may need a tool like HTTPWatch to monitor HTTP traffic sent back and forth from your browser window.

You can put a breakpoint in BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI and see what data the vendor is sending back. Also, check with Vendor what is the request/response they got for your call.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou much SG, very helpful information. I may need to get intouch with vendor contacts to resolve this. I will keep the thread open until resolved. Thank you once again.

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

while debugging BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI, control did not reach the BADI after checkout from punchout catalog. It works fine with another punchout catalog.

What questions are required to ask the vendor inorder to return the punchout catalog information back to SRM SC.

Please advise.

Thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

Check with your vendor if they implement VALIDATE OCI function. If you have HTTP monitoring tool, you can watch when the system makes Validate call by looking at the Query String parameters.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou all, Used the HTTP monitor and was able to give the information to vendor. Catalog is not working fine.

Rao

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think define system landscape is not required for item search in runtime but product master data transfer and contract transfer via XML may need it. You can test it in system.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, currently we have a only punchout and I have not defined backend system for catalog. It works fine.

There seems to be an issue when I copy a punchout catalog item from old shopping cart, I get a 500 internal error.

First time when I do punchout, it works fine. It only has issue when I create a new SC from existing punchout catalog cart.

please advise. I wanted to confirm if backend system would be required or not.

Thanks

Rao