cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales office Mandatory at Initial Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When we create a sales order in VA01 we need to maintain the sales office as Mandatory for certain sales area in the initial screen.

Incompletion log doesnu2019t help because it will be controlled only at Overview or Header or Item Screen level.

User exit is helpless at initial Screen.

Transaction Variant is possible but it will become mandatory for all sales area. I want to make this as mandatory only for certain sales area.

Pl suggest if some one come across the similar issue

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its simple. Just maintain a field exit for data element VKBUR and that screen.

Regards,

Nandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks nandi,

Resolved with field exit FIELD_EXIT_VKBUR_B

Bala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thin its better if you put a validation check at the Sales office field.

Maintain a z table with permitted sales area . so when you enter the sales office system will validate the same with Z table and if the check failed through an error . or else if the check is passed system should accept and proceed further.

Regards,

Krishna O

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is very much possible in standard configuration

You have to go for TRANSACTION VARIENT only SHD0 T code

In SD the TRANSACTION VARIENTs are assigned to order types in the config of VOV8

It will work only for the assigned order types not for all order types

Order types can be restricted to particular sales area in OVAZ

So for your sales area you create a zee order type and assign your transaction varient to your Zee order type

Dont use the zee order type for other sales areas by not assigning it in OVAZ

When you create a new order type there can be a lot associated configs to be done like copy controls ec + item cat determination etc

I feel this idea will workout and try and post feed back

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Sorry for delay.

We have already maintained the OVAZ setting for all document types with respect to sales area. I have created a new Transaction Variant with input Parameters of ZXA1 document type, sales Area and sales office. I have also assigned the transaction Variant to ZXA1 document type in VOV8.

When I try to create a sales order with ZXA1 Document type it is not asking the sales office as Mandatory. But, after entering to overview screen I Pressed Back Button without entering any data. Now the variant is triggered and asking the sales office as Mandatory.

I donu2019t know why the Transaction Variant is working only if I come back from the overview screen to initial Screen in VA01.

If anyone come across Pl through some light

Bala

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When I try to create a sales order with ZXA1 Document type
 it is not asking the sales office as Mandatory. 
But, after entering to overview screen I Pressed Back Button without 
entering any data. 
Now the variant is triggered and asking the sales office as Mandatory. 

I donu2019t know why the Transaction Variant is working only if 
I come back from the overview screen to initial Screen in VA01.

Something you are doing wrong in SHD0

That is why the problem

If SHD0 is done properly you will not face this issue

If configured properly then through the suggested settings you can meet your requirement

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have checked SHD0 by hiding the Po date in overview screen. It is working fine but in the initial Screen it is not trigging the Transaction variant.

I sure I did Proper setting in OVAZ.

If you got output at sales order initial screen itself please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will not make the Sales office field as mandatory when you first go to VA01. When you go back to the screen then it will make it mandatory. That is the reason I said it is little tricky.

Ok try this. For your new order type you have created the variant right? Activate it . Now it will work. But it will work for all other order types too.

So to avoid this for all other order types. Create a different transaction variant, which says Sales office not mandatory. and assign it to the order types and activate it too.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds tricky. I do not think there is any standard solution to get this. One way can be as:

Maintain a transaction variant and make sales office as required field. Do not activate it.

In the order type definition do not assign it.

In the user exit MV45AF0T_TVAK_SELECT, provide this value to the Variant field of your order type based on the sales area. May be you can hard code the sales areas or you can read a different z table to get the relevant sales areas.

Hope this works

regards

Sai