cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI to MDM Connection Problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

I have a connection Problem. I Sent data from r3 to PI System.PI System Convert Idoc to xml and sent to mdm server but PI cannot connect to mdm server. I Controled my connection information ip and mdm repository name is true . but I dont see ServerUser Id .

How I see and change this server user ?

Can you help me !

"MDM Adapter listener could not start due to: Can not create repository session '<server=192.168.10.35 serverUser=Admin repository=p0349 user=Admin>' caused by: Connection Failed: Cannot create connection to MDM Server '192.168.10.35' for one of the following reasons: (1) server does not exist, (2) server is not started, or (3) input/output problem while creating connection, error code: UnknownServer"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

You only need to specify below parameters for Receiver MDM Adapter:

MDM Server: This should be the server name of MDM

MDM Repository: This should be Repository on MDM

Repository User: Could be any user which has access to post messages to MDM server(need not necessarily be Admin.

Port Code: Specify the Port code which has been defined in Console for this Import map.

Remote System Code: Specify Remote system code which is specified in Console

DBMS server: DBMS server name

DBMS Type: Type of Database.

I have seen there are some issues in connecting MDM with receiver MDM Adapter, if all your settings are correct, try to create another MDM receiver channel(with a different name) and see if that works.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir Suhail

I defined another receiver and I retried and result wasn't change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please check few more things:

1. Is MDM server up and running?

2. Is repository Loaded and Running?

3. Is MDIS up and running?

also please define a user Under "Users" in Console, give it some password and specify that User ID and password in MDM Receiver channel

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aamir Suhail ;

I performed your answer and nothing changed . Exception same exception.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Turgut,

How I see and change this server user ? As scenario is R/3>PI>MDM.

You need to look into your receiver Communication channel in Integration Directory (Integration Builder) where you have settings for defining MDM Server, Repository , Repository User and Password , Port Code of the Outbound MDM port etc.

Please find the below link to check settings for Setting Up Inbound Messaging into MDM.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/9854884d3217cee10000000a421937/content.htm

There is no Server User ID but it is Repository User and Password along with other parameters in Communication channel.

Note: Make Sure that your MDM Import Server is also running.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for answer ;

I saw this page and I compare my setting to this page.

Settings Ok .(same as this page) but I saw Server User In Exception Message . "Admin"

I thinking, Is It connection User ?

if it is connection user , where is it define ? I dont find this defining.