cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVDs for SAP Solution Manager installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are going to install Solution Manager 7.0 WHP1, and we're a little bit confused with the DVDs we have to use.

In a SAP document tittled Media List SAP Enhacement Package 1 for SAP solution manager 7.0 I have found that I need the master DVD 51036441. In the DVDs sended by SAP I don't have that DVD, but I have the master 51036888 for NW 7.0 EHP1. If I look in service.sap.com/swdc, it depends on the path.

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Technology Components" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER" SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1 ---> DVD 51036441 master

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 ---> DVD 51636888 master

I have the same problem with the installation export DVD. There are two differents material numbers depending on the site you look for.

Which one should I select to install? SAP has sent us the DVD 51036888.

Thanks and best regards,

Ana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In spite of the fact that SolMan 7 Enh1 is an instance of NW Enh1, you'll want the former set of DVDs (not the set found under SAP Netweaver), otherwise you won't get the solution manager specific set-up.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The DVD number depends on your OS and Database. As an example:

> However, you can also download installation DVDs from:

>http://service.sap.com/swdcDownloadInstallations and UpgradesEntry by Application Group<SAP solution><SAP product><SAP release>Installation and Upgrade<operating system><database>

This is an extract from the installation guide.

Hopefully this information has been helpful.

Regards,

Paul