Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA User transfer Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured CUA and also configured LDAP on the same server. Now the problem is I have already synced AD user to CUA central system. I could transfer the child system users to central CUA system with SCUG transaction. But after finishing total configuration now I want to transfer/ distribute all central CUA users to child systems. How could I transfer all the users at a time? is there any report to transfer/distribute all users once? or I have to transfer individual users from su01 assigning the child logical name in the system entry of SU01 tabs?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Ajay.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

You can do this via SCUG. Select the relevant child system and then the tab different users. This you would have to do individually for each system. Can't do it for one system in a single go.

Other option is do using SU10 which I reckon is better!. Select all central users in SU10 and go to change mode and then select systems tab. I think probably 2500 users can only be processed in one single go in SU10 (I don't recall correctly if that is a limitation indeed) but you can try it out with more to check if that works. At the worst you might just get an ABAP dump.

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks a lot for your solution. I have tested the same with 10 users of central system and able to get successfully in child now with SU10.

But with the suggestion from other threads and SAP notes have tried with the report RSCCUSND in SE38 but unable to distribute the users. When I have checked the logs in SCUL I am getting receiving system as the same central system name and all users are in green. When I didnt mention any user range I can see only users exist in the child system under SCUL after I run the report. Is there any misconfiguration?

I want to let you know one more thing that during the CUA configuration after creating RFCs, users and roles when I start SCUA transaction, to add child under receiving systems when I press F4 it is showing only the central system Logical name not child systems. When I manually enter child logical name it has given error like "entry does not exist in TBDLS table". So to get this resolved I have manually defined logical system name of child client in BD54 under central system also. Then I have added under receiving systems.

When I add individual users in CUA able to get in child but not all users with report RSCCUSND.

Any way SU10 solved my problem as u told. but asking these questions to get some knowledge on CUA.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Hi,

One more Question as of CUA guide when I assign limited roles to communication users as

On Central - SAP_BC_USR_CUA_SETUP_CENTRAL

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CENTRAL

On child - SAP_BC_USR_CUA_SETUP_CLIENT

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT

I am not able to get users in child with the above roles when I create user in central. When I assign SAP_ALL profile to the comm. user in the child then when I create user in central getting in child but not with mentioned roles. why?

Please explain.

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Check the answer in Security forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

From what I can see you are missing a role in Central and a role in the client.

In the central system you are missing, SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CENTRAL_BDIST

In the client system you are missing SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT_RFC

Add those and see if that works for you.

0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I dont understand what to say now. As you told I have added the role to user in client and assigned in RFC connection from central to child connection. Now the user got created in child. But when I see the description of SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT and SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT_RFC both looks like for the same purpose. So what I did is I removed the role you have given again from that user in child system and again tested. This time to my surprise user got created in child. So I thought this might be because I have given full *s in auths of role SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT. So this time I have removed SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT also from user thinking will create fresh one. Now the user have no roles assigned in child.

In this case I have just tested creating user in central again user got created in child. I dont understand why users got created this time. Does this take time to distribute the status of user or some thing like? I dont understand now.

Thanks,

Ajay.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to the Security Forum

Regards

Juan

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos