cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order ITEM must have reference document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement that a sales order must have a reference contract. I know that we can do it at header level by using 'reference mandatory' contol in sales document definition (VOV8).

But i want to control this on 'item' level. I want specific sales order items to ask for the reference contract. This is because I am using the same sales order for all processes. This requiremt is for one specific process.

I checked item category definition controls (VOV7) and copy contol from contract to order at otem level... But cant think of any concrete solutions...

Pl guide. I will be greatful.

Thanks.- Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks there is not standard configuration fix to this that i know of. May be you can go for development. In user exit MV45AFZB, in form userexit_check_VBAP, you can write logic to input preceeding document item as mandatory function based on the item category.

But in turn if you want to udpate the contract with this information, then the solution gets very difficult. May be you need to run a program to check such instances and update the contracts.

Regards

Sai