cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Matching Strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Im learning the matching mode in datamanager and trying to execute a matching strategy.

1. I have created a transformation to convert X value to Y of description.

2. I have created a rule based on my transformation.

3. I created a strategy and assigned the rule to it.

Now while trying to execute the strategy from the menu Records->Matching->Execute-> I find many options in it.

I couldn' get what are all those options.

Selected vs. Selected

Selected vs. Results

Selected vs. All

Results vs. Results

Results vs. All

All vs. All

Can anyone explain me with an example?

Regards

Bala

Edited by: Balachandar P on May 5, 2010 2:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balachandar,

Suppose you have 100 records in MDM repository, you search (Result) some records using Free Form Search or Drill down search or using some other search criteria e.g 50 records matching this search criteria. Now you will see in status bar of your MDM data Manager 50 of 100 records found. Now in record mode of data manager, In Records Pane suppose you select 10 records by Ctrl+A and then right Click-->Matching

-->Selected Vs Selected mean 10 Vs 10

-->Selected Vs. Results mean 10 Vs 50

-->Selected Vs. All mean 10 Vs 100

-->Results Vs. Results mean 50 Vs 50

-->Results Vs All mean 50 Vs 100

-->All Vs All 100 Vs 100

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep, Hedda.

Thanks for your reply.

One more question. Please clarify if my understanding is right?

For consolidating and cleansing master data, we execute strategy using Datamanager.

How is Transformation and Rules effectively used in this case?

Is Transformation and Rules go hand in hand or

Can we create rules without use of transformation if yes How can we use concept of rules effectively in that case?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balachandar,

How is Transformation and Rules effectively used in this case?

See it depends on your requirement, you can use Rules without use of transformation.

Without Transformation:

e.g. if you are finding duplicates for Material No, you can select property Fields = Material No directly while defining Rule and then include this rule into your Strategy which will find duplicates if there are two records with same Material No. Since Material No is usually Integer as such i think we don't need Transformation here.

With Transformation:

e.g. if you are finding duplicates for Company Description, you will need here Transformation if required.

I mean if in my Repository there are Company Description for 1 record is ABC Pvt. Ltd. , for 2nd record it is ABC Private Limited and for 3rd record say it is ABC Pvt. Limited. If i don't make use of transformation and make use of Rule only where i define Fields = Company Description and then include this Rule into Strategy. So when i execute Strategy these 3 records will not considered as duplicates but considered as unique records which is not correct.

So in order to recognize that these three records are duplicates but not unique records we have to make use of Transformation where i create a transformation say XYZ and in Substitutions pane will write:

From To

ABC Pvt. Ltd ABC Private Limited

ABC Private Limited ABC Private Limited

ABC Pvt. Limited ABC Private Limited

which means for all these three records Company Description are same. Then while defining Rule select this transformation as Fields = XYZ and then include rule into Strategy. So on execution Strategy i will come to know that these 3 records are nothing but are duplicates.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep.

Thanks for your clear reply. I got it

Regards

Bala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bela

All= All records in the main table.

Results= The result set records of any drill down search (filter of records by limiting search)

Selected= Records you manually selected (highlighted)

Therefore, for example

There are 1000 records in the main (=all), you searched for Active= Yes, 400 are resulted (=Results), and out of these 400 you selected 2 (=selected)

If you do Selected vs. Selected, the 2 records will be matched between themselves.

If you do Selected vs. All , the 2 records will be matched against 1000 of the main table

etc.....

Best regards,

Hedda Cohen.