cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while refering to old workspace in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I have created a webdynpro application for SAP mobile applicationfor laptop usign NWDS.Due to some reason i needed to reinstall my NWDS.

I copied my workspace and reinstalled the NWDS.After reinstalling i was getting the following error while i was trying to open my project in workspace?

'Problems occurred opening the selected resources.

The project description file (.project) for

'LocalDevelopmentLocalDevelopmentmeamapp~sap.com.app.logic' is missing.

This file contains important information about the project.

The project will not function properly until this file is restored.

The project description file (.project) for 'LocalDevelopmentLocalDevelopmentservapp~sap.com.app.logic' is missing.

This file contains important information about the project. The project will not function properly until this file is restored.

The project description file (.project) for 'LocalDevelopmentLocalDevelopmentstorage~demo.sap.com' is missing.

This file contains important information about the project. The project will not function properly until this file is restored.

'

I could see all the files in workspace folder and even if i create a new application.It contains the same number of files in workspace folder.

appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards

Devendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Local Devlopment workspace for WD DC will be C:\Documents and Settings\<You UserID>\.dtc....

I think .dtc will not affected after re-installation of NWDS.

Try to create DC project after browse(C:\Documents and Settings\<You UserID>\.dtc....) _comp for DC porject which you want to create as per Munna SAP

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

I guess after the uninstallation of the NWDS the development configuration under which u had developed the application is deleted and hence even after u copy the project back it is trying to connect to the same development configuration.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Looks like its a local DC project, i even have some issues with WDJ (but i'm yet to reinstall)!

You've said that "I copied my workspace and reinstalled the NWDS", from where did you copies you workspace for DC project(s), give the path.

And you can navigate to '_comp' folder of each DC project you took backup should have '.project' file. Check if that exists first in your project workspace!

Thanks,

MS