cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCL - Reset Lock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have installed SAP in one of the test server.created new client as 300, when i scheduled local client copy in backgrond with source client as 000 am getting error as Reset Lock? " Client 300 logon locked. Client copy probabaly cancelled. the client could be the source client of a copy." with options RESET LOCK , KEEP LOCK & CANCEL.

When i clicked on Reset lock to proceed, the client copy has been cancelled.

Kinly suggest.

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your post, It looks like your client copy process(in background) were cancelled at some point before finished. The client copy locks the client before the process begin and unlock after finished, In your case it cannot unlocked because the process was still not finished(check SCC3 logs for more information and paste it here so we could help), So SCC3 asked you whether you want to keep the lock(cannot log in) or you want to release the lock(free log in). Client copy were not getting cancelled because of this dialog but this dialog appeared because the client copy teminated abnormally(My guess is it already terminated when the popup appear even when you checked the SCC3 it appeared still running). You could try to check on SM21, ST22 to see if any error appeared during client copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you come across this situation then it means for some reason your client copy get cancelled. Hope you run your client copy in the background. So don't worry about dialog timeout. Jus hit cancel, it won't do anything and allows you to see the SCC3 log, if still not then check SM21 log. Try client again in restart mode. If still the error persist then in most of the cases, you will see Database issue, like transaction log get full. If that's the case then take transaction log backup or set the recovery mode to Simple. Then you will be able to restart your client copy.

Regards

Lukesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the copy is running the target client is locked.

You can check the state of the copy by executing SCC3.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

while client copy is running, i am checking in SCC3 for the status.

when i hit transaction SCC3, it pop up a message as mentioned in my above mail.

Kindly suggest.

Regards!!

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

> while client copy is running, i am checking in SCC3 for the status.

> when i hit transaction SCC3, it pop up a message as mentioned in my above mail.

> Kindly suggest.

No worries... you can resume your client copy from sccl by logging in to target client.

make sure that you are not logging in to source or target client for checking the logs.

in case you again hit by popup while executing scc3 - just click on "keep lock"

Do not do "reset lock" until the client copy is running, it will cancel your CC.

Let me know in case you need further info on this.

Cheers !!!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

i have check with both the options, on both options CC is cancelling.

i was checking the status on target client.

check with options SAP_ALL & SAP_CUST, both are failing.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably because of the lower value of profile parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time", your Client Copy is getting terminated.

Try to set the parameter value as below or even more. (Later you can set it back as per your requirement)

rdisp/max_wprun_time = 3600

Don't forget to restart SAP after parameter changes...

Then try again.

Hopefully, this time your client copy will get completed..

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in RZ11, set rdisp/max_wprun_time = 0

then, no need to restart your instance and will not get any timeouts during your copy. when copy is finished, place back rdisp/max_wprun_time to previous value